05-29-2015, 04:02 PM
I first want to understand the theory of rifling as it applies to chamber pressures.
Let's start with a hypothetical smoothbore 6.5 Grendel 16" barrel, whose bore is exactly 0.264", with zero rifling.
I load and fire a factory Hornady 6.5 Grendel 123 Amax round and get 2500 fps. Remember: Smooth bore, zero rifling.
Now I magically add SAAMI six-groove 6.5 Grendel rifling to that barrel and fire a second round.
Is the velocity going to go up or down, and why?
Let's start with a hypothetical smoothbore 6.5 Grendel 16" barrel, whose bore is exactly 0.264", with zero rifling.
I load and fire a factory Hornady 6.5 Grendel 123 Amax round and get 2500 fps. Remember: Smooth bore, zero rifling.
Now I magically add SAAMI six-groove 6.5 Grendel rifling to that barrel and fire a second round.
Is the velocity going to go up or down, and why?
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
