Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Carbine Barrel Length
#2
About three weeks ago I got one of Bill Alexander’s 16” uppers. I wanted a light general purpose “walking around” rifle as a companion piece to my heavy target rifle. It has only made one trip to the range so far (about 50 rounds downrange), but I am getting 1.5” – 2.5” groups with factory ammo at 100 yds – 123 grain from AA & Hornady and AA’s 129 grain loads. It doesn’t like the Black Hills load (3.5”Wink and Wolf MPT shot about 3”. No chrono data yet. I am expecting accuracy to get a bit better as the rifle gets broken in and I will also be working up some hand loads. Overall I am happy with it and “I would recommend this to a friend”.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Carbine Barrel Length - by oregonradman - 03-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Carbine Barrel Length - by Jamie45 - 03-09-2011, 06:02 AM
Carbine Barrel Length - by oregonradman - 03-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Carbine Barrel Length - by RStewart - 03-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Carbine Barrel Length - by oregonradman - 03-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Carbine Barrel Length - by RStewart - 03-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Carbine Barrel Length - by rkflorey - 03-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Carbine Barrel Length - by Jamie45 - 03-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Carbine Barrel Length - by oregonradman - 03-10-2011, 03:41 AM
Carbine Barrel Length - by noone - 03-10-2011, 04:48 AM
Carbine Barrel Length - by VASCAR2 - 03-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Carbine Barrel Length - by bwaites - 03-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Carbine Barrel Length - by LR1955 - 03-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Carbine Barrel Length - by usar_ds - 04-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Carbine Barrel Length - by Rootshot - 04-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Carbine Barrel Length - by usar_ds - 04-30-2011, 01:31 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)