Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hi 6.5 forum, i need your help. Or at least some feedback.
#9
One thing that could help you is to Chrony the shots. If you shoot 4 shots into one hole and they are all within 20 fps of each other and then the last one is 100 fps off that can at least tell you to blame the ammo. Usually I would agree with the poster above that when you have 4 tight and the 5th on is off it is the shooter but there are many variables. I am noticing that some of your groups are landing on different areas of the target. For example one group is high center then another is low left. Are you using the same dial on your scope and same point of aim for all of these groups? If so that would point to shooter error. I had groups similar to this on one of my bolt rifles. They would all be around the same size but in different locations. Over time I realized that each time I lined up to shoot my 5 shots I was doing several things different. The biggest thing I noticed was my hand placement on the stock and that effected where my finger was on the trigger which changed my point of impact. My groups were still good because I was using good fundamentals but each time the groups would be in different places in relation to the bulls eye. I started consistently putting my hand and finger in the same place and it went away. It still happens to me some times though, especially when I go from one rifle to another.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Hi 6.5 forum, i need your help. Or at least some feedback. - by 1911man - 05-12-2015, 03:19 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)