Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best Brass Catcher?
#9
I am actually making my own. The Caldwell Velcro one is cheap and I've found it causes malfunctions unless you go ahead and weave some wire in it to make it stand up more. There are several others that are pretty good, but extremely spendy. A friend of mine has bought nearly every one. So I've been able to try them out. The problem I've found with most of them is mounting them in a way that allows me to keep my configuration of my scope and sights. Non of them are in that Goldilocks zone. So I figured I'd make my own to specifically fit my grendel.

Two weeks ago I did a proof of concept build and it works. Uglier than sin but functional. So now I'm currently making the "Mountain Cur Brass Catcher 2.0". This one is going to be nicer looking and ceracoated to match my rifle.

So, long story short if it is made by man you can make it too. I'll try to post pictures when I'm done.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Best Brass Catcher? - by PeteDavis - 04-14-2015, 11:04 PM
Best Brass Catcher? - by Double Naught Spy - 04-14-2015, 11:51 PM
Best Brass Catcher? - by NugginFutz - 04-14-2015, 11:52 PM
Best Brass Catcher? - by lrgrendel - 04-14-2015, 11:52 PM
Best Brass Catcher? - by Joseph5 - 04-16-2015, 04:21 AM
Best Brass Catcher? - by Savage Shooter - 04-16-2015, 05:37 AM
Best Brass Catcher? - by GarandThumb - 04-16-2015, 06:09 AM
Best Brass Catcher? - by dammitman - 04-16-2015, 10:42 AM
Best Brass Catcher? - by MountainCur - 04-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Best Brass Catcher? - by Slappy - 04-16-2015, 06:01 PM
Best Brass Catcher? - by stevegun 1 - 04-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Best Brass Catcher? - by Klem - 04-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Best Brass Catcher? - by PeteDavis - 04-21-2015, 02:13 AM
Best Brass Catcher? - by ricsmall - 04-21-2015, 03:44 AM
Best Brass Catcher? - by Slappy - 04-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Best Brass Catcher? - by Savage Shooter - 04-23-2015, 01:07 AM
Best Brass Catcher? - by Double Naught Spy - 04-26-2015, 07:21 PM
Best Brass Catcher? - by stevegun 1 - 04-28-2015, 01:03 AM
Best Brass Catcher? - by newb - 04-30-2015, 04:41 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)