Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel Article I put together
#21
Yeah I stumbled on it myself, can't even remember how. I thought about 300blk a year ago, but knew it was not up to what I wanted, I was myself looking for a lower recoil big game capable round.

I unfortunately found myself in a situation similar to DNS, while I have not had surgery(yet), I have become recoil sensitive. I had a mosin for a while and sold it due to recoil, then I went 308 hoping to be more forgiving gun to shoot all the time and even tried the limbsaver slip on which helped but I could still only fire 10rnds and start getting fatigue and flinching. I like to settle in at the bench and shoot, and shoot.... and shoot... Might spend 3hrs just relaxing and sending lead downrange. I simply could not do that with those guns.

I think I saw grendel mentioned on a local forum and love the AR platform, so I joined here. After hearing about the low recoil and researching to verify it was hunting legal a month later I jumped in both feet and built my 18" upper. That 1st shot downrange was incredible, the clouds parted and the sun shone, I had found my hunting and long range shooting holly grail. The Grendel will now be my hunting rifle if I choose to hunt Modern rather than archery season.
Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
Anderson Pistol lower:
16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Grendel Article I put together - by dmsims21 - 04-08-2015, 01:51 AM
Grendel Article I put together - by rabiddawg - 04-08-2015, 02:23 AM
Grendel Article I put together - by bwaites - 04-08-2015, 02:32 AM
Grendel Article I put together - by Kikn - 04-08-2015, 02:40 AM
Grendel Article I put together - by cory - 04-08-2015, 02:58 AM
Grendel Article I put together - by bwaites - 04-08-2015, 06:32 AM
Grendel Article I put together - by JASmith - 04-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Grendel Article I put together - by 65Whelen - 04-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Grendel Article I put together - by WHITEBULL - 04-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Grendel Article I put together - by lrgrendel - 04-08-2015, 05:33 PM
Grendel Article I put together - by lamrith - 04-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Grendel Article I put together - by jawbone - 04-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Grendel Article I put together - by danm - 04-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Grendel Article I put together - by LRRPF52 - 04-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Grendel Article I put together - by LRRPF52 - 04-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Grendel Article I put together - by lamrith - 04-09-2015, 07:30 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)