04-06-2015, 03:56 PM
1500 shots should not typically cause that much erosion, and certainly should not see a degradation in accuracy. I went 5000 plus rounds before I began to suspect my accuracy had dropped off, and it took another 1000 before I was convinced.
Something else is most likely causing the accuracy issue. Check your gas key and see if its loose, check your scope rings, check your scope bases. Swap scopes if you can. I've seen 2 high end scopes with broken internals the last two visits I've made to the range. (I know, I know everyone says the same things! But I was at a range Saturday where a 3 gun match was running when one of the competitors walked up and asked if he could try to zero his carbine. Its was shooting in another neighborhood, and so I started trying to help him figure it out. When I started checking ring screws, some of them weren't even finger tight!)
Start with those and then get pickier and pickier about stuff until you find it, but I have a hard time believing that its related to throat erosion at this point.
Something else is most likely causing the accuracy issue. Check your gas key and see if its loose, check your scope rings, check your scope bases. Swap scopes if you can. I've seen 2 high end scopes with broken internals the last two visits I've made to the range. (I know, I know everyone says the same things! But I was at a range Saturday where a 3 gun match was running when one of the competitors walked up and asked if he could try to zero his carbine. Its was shooting in another neighborhood, and so I started trying to help him figure it out. When I started checking ring screws, some of them weren't even finger tight!)
Start with those and then get pickier and pickier about stuff until you find it, but I have a hard time believing that its related to throat erosion at this point.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
