Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Throat Erosion
#1
I recently bought two boxes of SMK 120 #1725 to try since I had never used them. When I looked at the suggested O.A.L. of 2.220" I checked my barrel with my O.A.L. gauge to see what the max O.A.L was and it checked out at 2.305" that works out about 1.787"-1.790" from the base to the Ogive. My 123 gr Amax now check out at 2.350" O.A.L. (1.765" now -vs- 1.725" then) which used to be around 2.310". From the measurements it seems like my throat has eroded quite a bit for 1510 rounds down the pipe. I have been using mostly 8208 and Lever Revolution.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Throat Erosion - by maverick5582 - 04-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Throat Erosion - by JASmith - 04-06-2015, 02:07 AM
Throat Erosion - by arnie - 04-06-2015, 02:07 AM
Throat Erosion - by maverick5582 - 04-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Throat Erosion - by JASmith - 04-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Throat Erosion - by bwaites - 04-06-2015, 03:56 PM
Throat Erosion - by LRRPF52 - 04-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Throat Erosion - by maverick5582 - 04-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Throat Erosion - by maverick5582 - 04-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Throat Erosion - by LRRPF52 - 04-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Throat Erosion - by maverick5582 - 04-06-2015, 11:38 PM
Throat Erosion - by maverick5582 - 04-06-2015, 11:57 PM
Throat Erosion - by arnie - 04-07-2015, 01:18 AM
Throat Erosion - by maverick5582 - 04-07-2015, 08:19 AM
Throat Erosion - by maverick5582 - 04-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Throat Erosion - by waveslayer - 04-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Throat Erosion - by pds - 04-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Throat Erosion - by maverick5582 - 04-07-2015, 08:12 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)