Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Muzzle brake installation
#14
It is not a flat washer, I have what is supposed to be a crush washer, concave shaped but thick that came with my thread protector. I will admit I did not realize they were supposed to be able to crush that much though! I am assuming it just flatten the concaveness out as needed, acts like a disk spring to provide tension/friction?
[Image: brake_zpsdkydrnya.jpg]

However it is so hard that were I to try and tighten it to line up I am concerned I would damage the brake, or threads. Also having read on another forum about barrels with "trumpeted" and distorted rifling at the crown from threading or over tightening of muzzle devices I am erroring on the side of caution.

I will get some wood drilled to make a barrel clamp as you mentioned and see what clamping force that provides and try to tighten a bit more.
Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
Anderson Pistol lower:
16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Muzzle brake installation - by lamrith - 03-30-2015, 05:17 PM
Muzzle brake installation - by Klem - 03-31-2015, 04:16 AM
Muzzle brake installation - by NugginFutz - 03-31-2015, 04:35 AM
Muzzle brake installation - by Klem - 03-31-2015, 05:27 AM
Muzzle brake installation - by lamrith - 03-31-2015, 12:07 PM
Muzzle brake installation - by LRRPF52 - 03-31-2015, 03:27 PM
Muzzle brake installation - by lamrith - 03-31-2015, 04:10 PM
Muzzle brake installation - by LRRPF52 - 03-31-2015, 08:54 PM
Muzzle brake installation - by lamrith - 03-31-2015, 08:58 PM
Muzzle brake installation - by Klem - 04-01-2015, 12:19 AM
Muzzle brake installation - by lamrith - 04-01-2015, 12:35 AM
Muzzle brake installation - by Klem - 04-01-2015, 12:50 AM
Muzzle brake installation - by NugginFutz - 04-01-2015, 04:07 AM
Muzzle brake installation - by lamrith - 04-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Muzzle brake installation - by ricsmall - 04-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Muzzle brake installation - by lamrith - 04-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Muzzle brake installation - by lamrith - 04-02-2015, 12:55 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)