03-30-2015, 05:17 PM
Hey all,
I am continuing to enjoy my Grendel, put another 20rnds thru it yesterday dialing in new scope and mounts. I was less than stable so had to pull the sandbags out after 5 rounds being all over and seeming to not respond to turret adjustments..
Ended the day with a decent 5 round group, was .527MOA until I jerked the last shot (always the case!!)
![[Image: target3-29-15_zpsaxdgbmp0.jpg]](http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y419/lamrith/target3-29-15_zpsaxdgbmp0.jpg)
Now for my question. I noticed a few shots the gun jumped left a little, then putting the gun away I saw that my brake had loosened by about 1/8 a turn. I have a Killer Innovations brake.
How do you guys install your brakes, a certain torque? a drop of locktight? I am concerned about torquing it to much as I have heard that can distort the barrel/rifling.
I am continuing to enjoy my Grendel, put another 20rnds thru it yesterday dialing in new scope and mounts. I was less than stable so had to pull the sandbags out after 5 rounds being all over and seeming to not respond to turret adjustments..
Ended the day with a decent 5 round group, was .527MOA until I jerked the last shot (always the case!!)
![[Image: target3-29-15_zpsaxdgbmp0.jpg]](http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y419/lamrith/target3-29-15_zpsaxdgbmp0.jpg)
Now for my question. I noticed a few shots the gun jumped left a little, then putting the gun away I saw that my brake had loosened by about 1/8 a turn. I have a Killer Innovations brake.
How do you guys install your brakes, a certain torque? a drop of locktight? I am concerned about torquing it to much as I have heard that can distort the barrel/rifling.
Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
Anderson Pistol lower:
16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS
18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
Anderson Pistol lower:
16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS

