Great points. This is one of the main reasons why I like Vortex, but we've seen the industry respond to Vortex's product line-up and price-point strategy.
You can get your sub-$200 optics from Vortex and still have a great little hunting scope, especially the little Diamondbacks. I just replaced my age-old Weaver scope that was on my .270 Winchester with a little 1.75-5x32 Vortex Diamondback with BDC reticle. The glass is very clear, FOV is great, and we'll see what it does on the old .270 Win., which gets taken out maybe once every 5 years just for fun.
Primary Arms has a lot of deals on imported optics made in developing world factories, with a lot of positive reviews.
The Leupold VX Hog 1-4x20 with Pug Plex reticle can be had for $229.
There is no reason to spend a good chunk of change if the working man needs a decent, quality, reputable scope. With companies like Leupold and Vortex, you can get a lot of glass for a peasant's scrapings.
Am I going to show up to a precision rifle match with a Diamondback? No I am not. Would I have reservations about hunting medium game with it? Not at all, within certain distances. The BDC reticle on mine will be interesting to see how it correlates with the .270's trajectory.
You can get your sub-$200 optics from Vortex and still have a great little hunting scope, especially the little Diamondbacks. I just replaced my age-old Weaver scope that was on my .270 Winchester with a little 1.75-5x32 Vortex Diamondback with BDC reticle. The glass is very clear, FOV is great, and we'll see what it does on the old .270 Win., which gets taken out maybe once every 5 years just for fun.
Primary Arms has a lot of deals on imported optics made in developing world factories, with a lot of positive reviews.
The Leupold VX Hog 1-4x20 with Pug Plex reticle can be had for $229.
There is no reason to spend a good chunk of change if the working man needs a decent, quality, reputable scope. With companies like Leupold and Vortex, you can get a lot of glass for a peasant's scrapings.
Am I going to show up to a precision rifle match with a Diamondback? No I am not. Would I have reservations about hunting medium game with it? Not at all, within certain distances. The BDC reticle on mine will be interesting to see how it correlates with the .270's trajectory.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
