03-20-2015, 07:15 PM
I have been contemplating the equipment suggestions from other Grendel owners on this forum. Have many of us including myself been doing a disservice to some newer members by becoming gear snobs. I know I have been guilty of it myself in the past so I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to be disrespectful. Does a new Grendel owner with limited funds need a $800 - $2300 scope when a $200 scope would serve their needs just fine? Does having all the bells and whistles going to improve the need of the owner or rather the individuals ego? I have seen this in my shooting club and it left a bad taste with some new shooters that never returned. We are trying to correct this as I write. I have been with limited funds in my past and know how it can be when the equipment isn't the best. I decided to put my money into ammo so my skill would improve and it was the right choice. Today I can afford the best but I realized how important my ability to afford practice ammo not equipment made all the difference. Maybe some more help could be given to reliable yet more affordable equipment that could work within a certain budget. I know all about buying junk and throwing away money but I have used some great equipment that served my needs with out spending my kids college money. If I'm out of line please let me know but it is something I was thinking about.

