03-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Please tell me more.
I'd never heard of a 6.5 Grendel until I sent my Mini 30 into Accuracy Systems for rework. At that time he gave me a list of the conversions that were available to my gun. After pouring over ballistics chart, the Grendel was the hands down favorite. I remember being excited that night like a kid before Christmas, just waiting to enter my order.
I absolutely love my Mini 30 conversion. The bull barrel makes it a bit heavy for walkabout hogging. I'm working toward building or buying an upper for my AR. I'm using Ruger 6.8 mags. Although they hold 5 rounds I've found the gun feeds better if I limit it to 4. Every now and then the gun doesn't feed perfectly. For my needs the flush fit mag fills the bill in that I like the way the gun lays flat in my Caldwell Tack Driver shooting bag. Many of my shots are on turkey and hogs at 270 yards. Combined with my Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 (BRX) scope the shots are a breeze. Swarovski makes an app that you can upload your load into. For a Hornday 123gr SST the BRX reticle has vertical lines or intermediate dots at almost perfect 50 yard increments on the scope, and windage is measured by a vertical has mark and/or end of each reticle line. That scope is definitely the cat's meow.
But I digress. I'd like to hear more about the mags you saw at SHOT.
I'd never heard of a 6.5 Grendel until I sent my Mini 30 into Accuracy Systems for rework. At that time he gave me a list of the conversions that were available to my gun. After pouring over ballistics chart, the Grendel was the hands down favorite. I remember being excited that night like a kid before Christmas, just waiting to enter my order.
I absolutely love my Mini 30 conversion. The bull barrel makes it a bit heavy for walkabout hogging. I'm working toward building or buying an upper for my AR. I'm using Ruger 6.8 mags. Although they hold 5 rounds I've found the gun feeds better if I limit it to 4. Every now and then the gun doesn't feed perfectly. For my needs the flush fit mag fills the bill in that I like the way the gun lays flat in my Caldwell Tack Driver shooting bag. Many of my shots are on turkey and hogs at 270 yards. Combined with my Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 (BRX) scope the shots are a breeze. Swarovski makes an app that you can upload your load into. For a Hornday 123gr SST the BRX reticle has vertical lines or intermediate dots at almost perfect 50 yard increments on the scope, and windage is measured by a vertical has mark and/or end of each reticle line. That scope is definitely the cat's meow.
But I digress. I'd like to hear more about the mags you saw at SHOT.

