Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Old No. 7 Range Report
#1
Shot my virgin Sabre 14.5" yesterday. It's a keeper, only shot at 50yds but I was more interested in function testing than groups. Brass ejected at 3 o-clock and made a nice little pile about 6ft away. Need to improve the groups but that's ok, would hate to build a gun that's perfect first time out. Christened her Old No. 7, she'll make a great deer gun in the thick brush.

Shot factory Hornady 123SST @ 3 moa, and my reloaded 129SST @ 2 moa).

A little history, http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ds-w-glass

When I got this barrel I measured the chamber with the bullets I have on hand and was concerned about a short throat. Both the factory ammo and my 129sst reloads feed and function great but when I tried my 123sst reloads they stick in the chamber and bolt won't close. OK, I need to seat them deeper but what I haven't figured out is my 123sst reloads COL @ ogive is 1.648 and the Hornady factory ammo is 1.667, .019 longer which feed and function fine?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Old No. 7 Range Report - by 65Whelen - 03-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Old No. 7 Range Report - by NugginFutz - 03-09-2015, 12:22 AM
Old No. 7 Range Report - by Bwild97 - 03-09-2015, 03:17 AM
Old No. 7 Range Report - by 65Whelen - 03-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Old No. 7 Range Report - by 65Whelen - 03-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Old No. 7 Range Report - by NugginFutz - 03-10-2015, 10:00 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)