lrgrendel Wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]6241[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6242[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6243[/ATTACH]There is nothing wrong with it. It is an AA 24" Overwatch. It shoots pretty good. Weight is not a concern to me.
My gun does not look finished. Maybe I should try painting the grip with that FDE paint available at Brownells????
That is also why I am looking for mags in FDE.
The photo of the grip is just an example of the type I am looking at.
I have many of the MI hand guards you pictured and I can tell you your composite is stronger and will stay cooler than the MI aluminum hand guard with sustained shooting. The MI hand guard uses a proprietary barrel nut and you will have to remove your gas block,flash hider and barrel nut you already have on to install it. You will have to measure your gas block height as it may not fit under the MI hand guard if you wish to use a long hand guard. If you are experienced building AR platforms it shouldn't be too difficult. You will also have to use green loctite on the outside of your MI barrel nut before you attach the MI hand guard or it will walk forward with use. You can not over tighten the Hand guard nuts or you will break the nubs that fit into the barrel nut. I have no experience changing a glued on composite hand guard or the type of barrel wrench needed. It maybe more challenging. If you are like many of us who throw money and caution to the wind and cant leave well enough alone have at it. But if you don't wish to spend a lot of money for aesthetics I would look at using Duracoat or similar products . There are people who have done great things with spray cans on this forum. I personally like the way your rifle looks but whats more important is how it shoots. I know a few people who are replacing their MI hand guards and want to install composite hand guards like you already have.

