02-14-2015, 06:44 PM
GSPHunter Wrote:mnhntr,
I would be interested in what your thoughts and experiences are with your build and loads. I bought a J&T kit last year that for quite a while I assumed was a saami chamber, until the sabre defense upper showed up this week and I started looking at COL's for 123sst's and 140SGK......My J&T is at least .045" longer! No wonder I get an easy looking 2360FPS for the 140gn Gamekings, and the sst's shoot best at a col of 2.295" ( hits the lands 2.350!) With the sabre upper, the 123sst's are kissing the lands at ~2.297"
Like others have said, the only times anybody has gotten really dogmatic is when somebody starts "pushing" a view of reality that could get people hurt. I'm willing to bet a lot of us have posted data in the regular reloading forum that is based on a non saami spec chamber.
I will let you know how it goes. I shoot a .260rem for long range, but this is a multi-purpose rifle for my step son (9 yrs old) to hunt deer and coyotes and do some long range leagues with me. I wanted a caliber to share the .264 bullets I use in the .260 and something that would be 1k yd capable. I was going to go with the 6.5DTI but the LBC/Grendel seemed to be a better choice. I have never used BHW barrels but thought since they have a good reputation and will likely allow for slightly faster velocity I couldn't go wrong. I will build the second upper for me after I get his up and running.

