Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
please enlighten me
#12
Quote:With the only difference I can tell is the length at which I can load COAL, the J&T being ave. of about .030" longer. I guess i'll have to compare them again after I put 4000 rnds through that "Saber".

Bwild97, I suppose that could be just throat erosion and tolerance stacking.....Looking at the saami drawing. The +.015" length tolerance, and then maybe a bore thats +.0003" bigger, which adds another ~.0115" to the leade at an angle of 1.5degrees. Adding both up would give a difference in COL of maybe .026"......

Notice by the spec that "all chamber length tolerances are +.015" and should not be added to the headspace tolerance of +.010". in reality, I suspect that that is really hard to keep in check and so if the reamer is a little long, everything is going to end up a little long.

I don't think its a huge difference other than I doubt commercial ammunition would shoot its best in the J&T, but thats not really an issue for me because nobody in the lesser 48 will ship it up to Fairbanks, and the nearest store that stocks it is 300 miles away :-)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
please enlighten me - by mnhntr - 02-12-2015, 04:55 PM
please enlighten me - by LRRPF52 - 02-12-2015, 06:03 PM
please enlighten me - by Sputnik - 02-12-2015, 06:18 PM
please enlighten me - by mnhntr - 02-12-2015, 07:54 PM
please enlighten me - by PigOPs - 02-12-2015, 08:03 PM
please enlighten me - by Sputnik - 02-12-2015, 08:24 PM
please enlighten me - by bwaites - 02-12-2015, 09:05 PM
please enlighten me - by GSPHunter - 02-14-2015, 04:18 AM
please enlighten me - by Bwild97 - 02-14-2015, 05:35 AM
please enlighten me - by PigOPs - 02-14-2015, 01:13 PM
please enlighten me - by Bwild97 - 02-14-2015, 04:29 PM
please enlighten me - by GSPHunter - 02-14-2015, 05:58 PM
please enlighten me - by GSPHunter - 02-14-2015, 06:32 PM
please enlighten me - by mnhntr - 02-14-2015, 06:44 PM
please enlighten me - by GSPHunter - 02-14-2015, 07:33 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)