01-31-2015, 04:42 PM
LRRPF52 Wrote:The MDR is pretty heavy. I think Russ was just trying to answer as best as possible. I personally would put the 6.5 Grendel ahead of 7.62x39 and 6.8 SPC for obvious reasons. There are a lot of things to work out with that design. Getting the weight down without sacrificing their design goals is not an easy thing to do, when considering the requirement to be able to have an action that will handle both 7.62 NATO, and 5.56 NATO.
Bolt carrier travel is different on them. Weights and spring weights are different. It's very ambitious. They had the ejection system visible last year. This year, not so much. Too many thieves out there, and this is something innovative as far as ejection is concerned.
They intend to use the same action and recoil system for both the 5.56 and .308? I guess I just assumed that would be changed when changing calibers. I think keeping one of the 2 is innovative and doable. However, I suspect keeping both the same won't be worth the costs.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

