Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How much elevation is necessary to get a 123 SST to 1000 yards?
#13
NugginFutz Wrote:Not knowing what your scope make / model is, it's difficult to say with certainty, but most scopes are close to the manufacture's listed elevation and windage ranges. I did, however, experience a scope which allowed me to dial significantly past the advertised max elevation. Was I really getting that elevation? Not at all. There was no hard stop on the scope turret to prevent over adjusting - the erector spring ran out of extension, and the reticle stopped moving shortly after the listed max. I realized then why the scope (a Millet) was so "reasonably priced".

For now, I moved a Weaver Super Slam 3-15x50 over to it. I'll probably end up with a Nightforce NSX
Reply


Messages In This Thread
How much elevation is necessary to get a 123 SST to 1000 yards? - by molar - 01-22-2015, 03:24 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)