01-20-2015, 03:51 AM
I use a Miculek .308 brake on mine to good effect. (5/8 thread). Accuracy is excellent (read: not impaired), and recoil is way down - about the same as my 5.56 target crowned AR, +/- a toasted bun.
The point here, cst, is that you already know the selection is wide open for .30 diameter brakes. They may not offer quite as much recoil reduction, but I would defy the average person to tell the difference in recoil, even side by side.
I'd say go for it. Later, if you change your mind, you can get the Hot Dog sized brake to replace your Bratwurst sized one, but you should be GTG until that time. FWIW, the Miculek was less than $50 on MidwayUSA.
The point here, cst, is that you already know the selection is wide open for .30 diameter brakes. They may not offer quite as much recoil reduction, but I would defy the average person to tell the difference in recoil, even side by side.
I'd say go for it. Later, if you change your mind, you can get the Hot Dog sized brake to replace your Bratwurst sized one, but you should be GTG until that time. FWIW, the Miculek was less than $50 on MidwayUSA.

