09-16-2011, 11:53 PM
On a lighter note, a friend of mine would take family pets out in the woods when the time came to put them down. When the kids were younger he and his wife would say "I think it's time to take Buster for a walk in the woods." That way the kids didn't get upset.
As they got older the kids started to notice the pets didn't come back from these walks.
When I was over there one time I asked "Where's Buster?" One of the kids said "He went for a walk in the woods with Dad." Then she said, "If you get sick, don't go in the woods with Dad!"
As they got older the kids started to notice the pets didn't come back from these walks.
When I was over there one time I asked "Where's Buster?" One of the kids said "He went for a walk in the woods with Dad." Then she said, "If you get sick, don't go in the woods with Dad!"
