newbie with a chambering problem
#1
Hi everyone!

As this is my first AR, you can imagine my disappointment.

New J&T 16" kit in 6.5 Grendel on AA lower. Everything went together smoothly. First time out, put one round in the mag(just in case) and it worked fine. 2 rounds in the mag, worked great. Next, tried 10 rounds and released the bolt. The bolt went forward about 1/2 inch. The front of the bullet caught on what I think is the feed ramp. I kept stripping a round out and trying to chamber with the same problem until I got back down to two.

I'm thinking this is a mag problem. Maybe the follower? It's a new AA mag. I did order another but who knows how long that'll take to get here.

I only had the one mag because this rifle will be used strictly for hunting. I doubt I'll put more than one box of ammo through it per year.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
newbie with a chambering problem - by wheelsguy - 09-16-2011, 08:50 PM
newbie with a chambering problem - by RangerRick - 09-16-2011, 11:19 PM
newbie with a chambering problem - by wheelsguy - 09-17-2011, 01:16 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)