Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5G 11.5" barrel question... Will this work?
#1
Precision Firearms has Sabre chrome line 10.5" Grendel barrels. However, these are threaded 9/16x24. I would like a 11.5" barrel threaded 5/8x24. Would I lose anything by using a 9/16x24 to 5/8x24 adapter, which would both get me the muzzle threading I want and the extra inch I need to clear a BCM KMR10 handguard?

I looked into having PF cut down a 16" Sabre barrel, but these are M4 profile and there isn't enough "meat" for a 5/8x24 thread because a cut at 11.5" would intersect the M203 portion of the barrel which is only .610" in diameter (need .625").

Much obliged for any thoughts you guys might have.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
6.5G 11.5" barrel question... Will this work? - by m796rider - 12-25-2014, 04:44 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)