12-01-2014, 10:31 PM
mongoosesnipe Wrote:When are we going to get over this push the grendel into a 260 thing, it is a fantastic cartridge as it is and is not really lacking without being pushed, in the same way that no mater what you do to a 308 it won't turn into a 300 win mag the grendel can't compete with a 260 or 6.5 creedmoore the case capacity just isn't there I have seen some data using a bolt gun with the cartridges seated extremely long in order to get some extra case capacity but from an auto that pushes the cartridge out of the ar15 and into the ar10 so why not just use an ar10 in 260 or creedmore because as stated there is no possible way to push the Grendel to those velocities no matter the platform so why do we keep re hashing this 60k psi grendel pipe dream it's not safe, nor is it even practicle from a gained performance standpoint
Sorry for the long diatribe and I don't mean to bash on any new product that thing seems pretty cool but it doesn't change the Grendel game and considering it does not appear that the upper would be compatible with standard ar lower and Grendel doesn't stack to feed well from an ak mag what's the point
I think the idea is to have a no need to replace the bolt after so many rounds like all the AR-15 type plat forms are currently required to. Have a true 30 round magazine similar to the LWRC six 8. Some may wish to increase the limits of pressure but what little gains would not be worth it to me. There are a gazillion different 5.56 plat forms and the more the merrier with the 6.5 Grendel as far as I'm concerned. The evolution with the AR 308 plat form is a good example. I am perfectly satisfied with my Grendel rifles as is. Having a slightly heavier yet indestructible Grendel may not be for every one but I would let the market place decide that. The great thing about the Grendel is the great ballistics within the frame of the light weight AR-15 plat form. If one pushes the pressure one also pushes the recoil nullifying the best attribute of the Grendel. Just my 2 cents worth.

