11-17-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm not going to advocate anyone push past a point they aren't comfortable with, but there are some barrels that will hit 2700fps with CFE and 123gr in the AR15.
Heck, Bwild97 got 2662fps with the 129gr SST from a 24" AR15 using 31.0gr of CFE.
I think 2700fps is child's play in a bolt gun with CFE and 123gr. Some barrels will produce more speed than others. I would be happy with a 20" in the mid-2500fps range though, especially in an accuracy node.
Heck, Bwild97 got 2662fps with the 129gr SST from a 24" AR15 using 31.0gr of CFE.
I think 2700fps is child's play in a bolt gun with CFE and 123gr. Some barrels will produce more speed than others. I would be happy with a 20" in the mid-2500fps range though, especially in an accuracy node.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
