I have a 6.5 Grendel and a .223 build in progress. Shortages being what they are, we are looking for:
.223 Bolt and carrier from Zero Fail;
6.5 Bolt carrier from Zero Fail; and
PWS enhanced buffer tube for each rifle.
Since the manufacturers don't have them now, I though to ask if anyone might know some likely secondary sources.
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 55
Joined: Mar 2011
Internet search and / or gunbroker.
Drifter
Good suggestion, but I got only "out of stock" and dead ends. Alas.
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 55
Joined: Mar 2011
There are two Fail Zero BCG's currently on gunbroker.
Drifter
Posts: 1,143
Threads: 51
Joined: May 2012
If you want something now you choices are pretty much narrowed to the secondary market and you will end up paying a premium due to demand you other choice would be to get on a back order list if you can but you will probably be looking at a couple of months of waiting
I ordered from Fail Zero for my wifes 5.56 build, but they told me it would be about a month and a half before i get it. Im good with that.
Thanks to your tips. we were able to nail down a pair of PWS 416 buffer tubes this morning.
Drifter you must have better "Google fu" than I. When I searcher gunbroker.com this weekend I found none, Today I see the two—at almost double the retail price.
Kamrr4437, may I ask? When did you place the order? I ask because we placed our order about a month ago. I'd hate to pay the doubled price on gun broker.com, if ours are only a couple of weeks away.
I ordered my wifes the week after the shooting in Connecticut. I ordered her matching mega arms upper and lower the day after the shooting. I knew it was going to be bad. Alot of the high quality barrels are gone as well. But my wife wants a Satern cut rifled for 5.56. She is willing to wait. We have been very happy with Saterns work. I have everything together. Im waiting on the Tubbs flatwire spring. The handguard and of course the barrel. I ordered everything within a few days after the shooting. I would stick with the order youll get it.
Much appreciated. Let's see what a week or two more brings.
No more orders until next month.
Brownell's just debuted their own M16 bolt carrier group at SHOT that they are making.
Nukes and whoever is looking for a M16 Nickel Boron BCG: I hope they still have some left but I ordered one from Spikes Tactical last week for $225.00.
I was told they are backordered for 6-9 months but I wasn't in any hurry, I just wanted to get in line.
Four days later the package was delivered so either they got a shipment they didn't know was coming or they have a better inventory than they thought.
Either way, hopefully this helps someone out.
Good luck and great shooting.
Lee