11-19-2012, 01:42 PM
I shot this coyote last saturday 20 minutes before i shot two doe's. 20" Grendel with 123 gr Amax.
|
First Coyote this year
|
|
11-19-2012, 01:42 PM
I shot this coyote last saturday 20 minutes before i shot two doe's. 20" Grendel with 123 gr Amax.
11-19-2012, 10:59 PM
how are the amax on the fur....also i just shot my first deer with my grendel this weekend used 129sst looked like my 300weatherby hit it....
11-20-2012, 01:52 AM
I shot this coyote thru the neck at a trot about 125 yards with the 123 gr Amax. Clean in and fairly clean out, suprisingly not much fur damage. However I also shot an 8 point (approximately (175-180 lbs) last saturday and it went in with a small entry, but it went in with him quartered towards me slightly and man it really tore out his side where it exited. It was so bloody that tonight even though im one of those guys that makes burger from everything even rib meat. I pretty much tossed the whole rib cage because it really tore him up on exit. I cant blame the bullet because of the shot I put on him.
11-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Nice work man..looks like a deep woods dog with how dark he is on top.Keep it up
11-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Youre right on the money Overwatcher, I was hunting deep in the swamp on a creek bed. If id had 5 more seconds there would've been two laying there.
11-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Nice Yote. My brother missed one yesterday that was hightailing it across his farm that I'm hunting on. I haven't seen anything over a six point so far, but I think I'd be just as happy to bust a nice yote myself. I've never shot one (or hunted specifically for them for that matter), but I'd love to get a nice one. If I ever do, I think I'll skin it and get the hide tanned.
11-20-2012, 04:30 PM
one more yote down.. Way to go !!!
11-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Variable Wrote:Nice Yote. My brother missed one yesterday that was hightailing it across his farm that I'm hunting on. I haven't seen anything over a six point so far, but I think I'd be just as happy to bust a nice yote myself. I've never shot one (or hunted specifically for them for that matter), but I'd love to get a nice one. If I ever do, I think I'll skin it and get the hide tanned. Everybody needs a full body mount of one in their man-cave!
02-08-2013, 04:16 AM
@Wiuprof..that mount looks pretty dang good!,I have seen some coyote mounts that look butchered!coyotes and bobcats can be really tough to get looking good for a taxidermist.
@Variable If you do ever get one tanned make sure you tube it out! They look way better then the traditional way of getting them tanned.And go out and try to call one in! I guarantee you will find deer hunting not quite so appealing!
02-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Has anyone tried these recipes on their 'yotes?
Thit Cho Luoc - Steamed dog Cha Cho - Grilled dog Rua Man - Steamed dog in shrimp sauce, rice flour and lemon grass Doi Cho - Dog sausage with dog blood, peanuts, vegetables and neck bone Gieng Me Mam Tom - Steamed dog in shrimp sauce, ginger, spices and rice vinegar Canh Xao Mang Cho - Bamboo shoot and dog bone marrow Cho Xao Sa Ot - Fried dog in lemon grass and chilli
02-08-2013, 03:17 PM
dog bone marrow? really? holy crap.
02-08-2013, 03:39 PM
I was really enjoying this thread until I saw Miuprof's man cave. Now I don't feel worthy.
That yote had nice color, we don't see that kind of color in Iowa. At least I don't, sides looked red as well. Nice shooting.
02-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Nice coyote
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|