09-15-2012, 02:22 AM
antelope in a few days got it tuned right in......i can hear there knees shaking from wisconsin lol
|
So what are U and your 6.5G hunting this year?
|
|
09-15-2012, 02:22 AM
antelope in a few days got it tuned right in......i can hear there knees shaking from wisconsin lol
09-17-2012, 03:34 PM
I have resident buck deer, cougar and black bear tags in Oregon. I've spent months weighing whether to use my Grendel or 458SOCOM for deer this season. My 458 has yet to draw blood and the desire to ventilate a buck with it is strong. The limited range of the 458 could be a factor in the area Im hunting so Im going with the Grendel.
09-19-2012, 11:55 PM
How do you like the 458 Socom? I know the range is limited but i bet it packs a wallup out to what,
100-150 yards? How about the accuracy?
09-20-2012, 02:23 AM
My 458 is a great shooter... and lots of fun. I fired this three shot group @ 100 yards (Its dead on at 130 yards) last week when helping a couple of friends sight in thier deer rifles. The target is a 3" dot so my groups is a hair under 3/4".
![]() The three smaller bullet holes are from my friends 7MM Rem Mag that according to him "shoots 1/2" @ 100 all day long"... yea right! Given a good look at the ribs and the right bullet I'd shot elk with it out to 200 yards all day long. The scope on my 458 has multiple hash marks that I've worked out the dope on out to 230 yards to help deal with the steep trajectory. ![]() Deer Hunter Wrote:How do you like the 458 Socom? I know the range is limited but i bet it packs a wallup out to what,
09-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Very nice, I bet that bad boy is going to put one hell of a hole in- whatever you shoot at. Tell your friend he needs a new scope or a different ruler. If yall were shooting 400-500 yards id cut him some slack but 100 yards?
09-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Sorry to say "No Hunting This Fall"....Gas too high and other things...oh well....Varmints better look out next year...LOL
10-02-2012, 02:16 AM
That coyote that ate my neighbors chihuahua.
10-02-2012, 04:14 AM
Shots Wrote:Sorry to say "No Hunting This Fall"....Gas too high and other things...oh well....Varmints better look out next year...LOLYou could always do what I do. When I go into the city once a month for groceries etc I take a 20litre container (about 5 Gallons) and fill it when I fill the truck tank as fuel is cheaper in the city . That gets poured into a couple of 20 gallon drums I keep in the shed and is my emergency hunt fuel. Seems like it costs nothing to go hunt then.Evev a gallon a week would mount up.
10-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Well I filled my buck deer tag last Saturday (opening day) with the 6.5G. He wasn’t the monster I've been dreaming about but one in the hand beats two in the bush. I will get some pics up when I can. The 120 Ballistic Tips did their job again.
10-03-2012, 06:54 PM
deer and yotes for me using 120 Ballistic Tips
10-03-2012, 10:58 PM
JohnOD Wrote:Well I filled my buck deer tag last Saturday (opening day) with the 6.5G. He wasn’t the monster I've been dreaming about but one in the hand beats two in the bush. I will get some pics up when I can. The 120 Ballistic Tips did their job again. How long is y'alls rifle season? Bag limit?
10-03-2012, 11:09 PM
It’s a 10 day season in Oregon for the eastern part of the state. Bag limit is one buck and you have to apply for the hunts. The premium mule deer hunts take 12/14 years to draw a tag. The area I hunted this year is a guaranteed draw even as a second choice. Between the cougars, wolves, coyotes and poachers the hunting in Oregon is on the skids... especially for mule deer. Lots of cougar tracks where I was hunting.
10-04-2012, 04:00 AM
Utah has opened up coyote hunting and will pay $50 a jawbone. I'm looking to link-up with some yote-slayers and get 'er done. They have been preying heavily on our livestock and deer populations, so UT Department of Wildlife actually added a monetary incentive to slay them by the bushell.
Looking forward to your pics and report JohnOD!
10-04-2012, 02:43 PM
W
ow, thats a short and limited season. In Georgia our rifle season starts Oct 20th - January. 2 Bucks and up to 10 Does.
10-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Anybody in southern to central Ohio could try for bobcat, not sure if that's legal though
10-12-2012, 03:09 PM
I dunno if my barrel will be here in time for northern MN whitetails. Coyotes and any varmints are on the list as well. I have a few deer stands where 400+ yard shots are common. Guess I might have 2 use the new .308 bolt gun there. I've got the other stands covered with my 7.62x40, but im itching to put some antlers on the ground with the Grendel.:mad:
10-12-2012, 03:42 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2012, 12:05 PM by txgunner00.)
LRRPF52 Wrote:Utah has opened up coyote hunting and will pay $50 a jawbone. I'm looking to link-up with some yote-slayers and get 'er done. They have been preying heavily on our livestock and deer populations, so UT Department of Wildlife actually added a monetary incentive to slay them by the bushell. $50 bucks! Wow. There's some good potential for some money to be made there.
10-12-2012, 08:02 PM
In case anyone missed I heres my hunting report & pics
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ktail-down!
10-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Hoping to knock down a wolf... IF my barrel ever shows up!
10-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Whitetail, steel, and (if I ever actually have a rifle handy when I actually see the suckers) yotes.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|