Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Got her put together....
#21
l wouldn't call this a pissing match at all. Just a discussion on technique and personal experiences. After all, that's what these forums are for.

BWT you do have a nice rifle there. How does she shoot?
Reply
#22
Nice rifle man.
Reply
#23
Outsider Wrote:And did i mention how much scrubbing and how many patches it takes to get that barrel clean!!! I hope all this fuss over breaking in the barrel is worth it...i am at 5 shots and 5 complete scrubdowns...and about half of a trash bag full of patches....

It's a sweet rifle!! Sorry 'bout the distraction and off topic stuff. I just wanted you to enjoy it shooting instead of cleaning!!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#24
Nice looking rifle. Is it a Shilen barrel?
Reply
#25
If it is a Shilen barrel, there will be a S behind the gas block!

I love the Clean uncluttered look!! exactly how a Black Rifle should look!!
Reply
#26
I started off the thread with nice looking rifle bro.

A320
Reply
#27
I wasn't serious about the pissing battle comment...it wasn't advertised as a shilen barrel but I can't see behind the gas block to confirm.... I will give it a good hard look when I get home from work on Friday... I work out of town so I am without the rifle at the moment
Reply
#28
was it advertised as a "match" grade barrel?
Reply
#29
Well: "Ooh!" that is a nice looking rifle. Smile

You should take it to the Whitehorse range and shoot it. Then we can "Aah" about the nice groups you'll likely get with it.Big Grin

If you have any time off while in Bridgeport the Whitehorse range is fairly close to you. They have a 100 yard range that is open to the public, and they also have a 600 yard range. When the schedule permits closing the rest of the range, they can also shoot 1000 yards. The leadership has changed since last I went there, so I'm not up on the latest particulars though. Either way, it may be worth looking into if you are interested.
Reply
#30
It was advertised as a "Match Barrel" I'll make no bones about it, i am not a competitive shooter, every time we went to the range when i was in the Air Force i shot like 48/50 and one 49/50...I can shoot, but my skills more than likely will not be able to tell the difference between barrels.
Reply
#31
Variable Wrote:Well: "Ooh!" that is a nice looking rifle. Smile

You should take it to the Whitehorse range and shoot it. Then we can "Aah" about the nice groups you'll likely get with it.Big Grin
[snipage]

Ditto Variable.. See my sig..

Anyway with proper respect for Outsider, it is a very nice rifle..

flk k
Reply
#32
Outsider Wrote:It was advertised as a "Match Barrel" I'll make no bones about it, i am not a competitive shooter, every time we went to the range when i was in the Air Force i shot like 48/50 and one 49/50...I can shoot, but my skills more than likely will not be able to tell the difference between barrels.

You know I have a buddy who constently tells me he needs to practice more before he buys the "match grade" stuff..

I lived in Maryland for a few years and while up there I used to shoot in the local trap leagues (man that was soooo nice - there were 5 trap ranges within 25 miles of my house)..

I used the Remington 1100 I had, and would consistantly shoot 21-23, with an occasional 25.. I bought a proper Browning Citory Trap model, and my scores imediately went to 24-25..

I always looked at it as the right tool for the right job..

flk k
Reply
#33
Nice rifle now all the fun starts!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)