Magpul PRS stock with monopod
Spikes Tactical T2 buffer
Spikes Tactical Lower
Timney single stage 3# trigger
KNS anti walk pins
Vltor MUR upper
DPMS Titanium Nitride Bolt Carrier
Super Sniper 1 piece rings
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 SFP
Troy Low Profile Gas block
WCI muzzle brake
Harris Bipod
Magpul Grip
Troy Extreme Free Float Forend
Bravo Company Gunfighter Charging Handle
AA 24" stainless 1:9 barrel
nice looking stick! go shoot it when you get the trigger in it!
Very nice, sounds like you've got all the right bells and whistles. Now the fun part, get out and shoot it, then a range report would be good.
Posts: 2,075
Threads: 35
Joined: Mar 2011
Thanks fellas, I was wondering how long I could get away with a picture without a trigger! Got the timney in and she's ready to go, now if I could just find someone to buy some time from! I'm gonna try and get out next week to do some shooting, and depending how good the groups are I may have a range report. JK, I'll post pics and a report as soon as I get back from shooting. I can't wait to see how she does, haven't been this excited about a gun since I got my first .22 marlin!
Hi Fireman,
I have a very similar setup, except for a Satern 20 inch pipe. You'll love it!
RR
Sweet, I'm really glad to hear that! Do you guys have any recommendations on how to break in the barrel? I've read all kinds of posts and articles on the right way, but it seems that everyone has an opinion. Just wondering if you guys did anything that worked well for you.
Nice stick. Just shoot it. I'm not a big believer in barrel break-in procedures, especially with a barrel that doesn't foul a lot, or shoots well right off the bat. Even if it doesn't shoot well immediately, I just continue with load development until I find a good load.
Do you have an adjustable gas block?
No, thought about putting one on and it wouldn't be that hard, I just didn't opt for it. Is it worth putting on? I'm all for anything that might eek out just a little more accuracy.
Posts: 2,075
Threads: 35
Joined: Mar 2011
Possibly. Just depends on your gas port size. Grendels tend to be over gassed and an adjustable block allows you to tune it down a bit.
What would be an indication that it's over gassed? Flying brass? I don't want to nullify my heavy buffer with over gassing, kind of defeats the purpose.
Mine's over gassed and it would kick the brass out at 2 o-clock maybe 4'-6'. Once in awhile, when bench shooting one shot at a time, an empty wouldn't clear the receiver and end up laying on top the magazine follower. Also, dented brass 1/2 way down the body. Solved these problems with a heavier recoil buffer and an M-16 bolt carrier. In the future I might go to an adjustable gas block, we'll see.
Posts: 184
Threads: 8
Joined: Dec 2011
Did you put that upper together yourself or have it done? I am looking for something very similar, but can't find anyone that is able/willing to do it. Might have to take it on myself.
Big dents on the sides of brass is one indicator of being over gassed. After installing and tuning an adjustable gas block on my rifle, the dents in the brass completely disappeared!
Posts: 2,075
Threads: 35
Joined: Mar 2011
FiremanTx Wrote:What would be an indication that it's over gassed? Flying brass? I don't want to nullify my heavy buffer with over gassing, kind of defeats the purpose.
You want the brass ejecting at 3 o'clock give or take a little. Typically, if it's ejecting 1-3 o'clock it's over gassed. 4-5 o'clock, under gassed. If you already have the heavy buffer you may be OK.
txgunner00 Wrote:You want the brass ejecting at 3 o'clock give or take a little. Typically, if it's ejecting 1-3 o'clock it's over gassed. 4-5 o'clock, under gassed. If you already have the heavy buffer you may be OK.
Good to know, I'll be sure to check my brass and have my buddy see where it's ejecting. Depending on weather I may get to shoot tomorrow.
aclark- a friend of mine has built several so I actually went over to his place and we put it together. Where do you live?
Posts: 184
Threads: 8
Joined: Dec 2011
Indiana, unfortunately...I may end up buying all the parts and doing it myself/with friend(s), but part of me just wants to have it done and be sure its top quality.
Understood, with the help of you tube and this website, they aren't terribly difficult to build. I understand just wanting it done though.
Well, off to the range, hopefully I will have good things to report and pics to see!
|