Finally invested in a chrono ( CE DLX) and got to play with it at range today testing out Accurate 2230 with 120 ELD-Ms. found node and did 10 round string .54 MOA at 100. Need to work on SD but so far happy with results. New to reloading so SD probably operator error.
06-20-2022, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 10:05 PM by DIANEB.)
Rastfl Wrote:i am doing case prep tonight so will keep you posted.......... Primers look fine and have no extractor marks...
Sounds good... I loaded 10 with 27.0 grains and 15 with 27.4 grains... I'll try to get to the range next week...
Oh yeah forgot to mention I will shooting these in my Uintah bolt action Grendel...
DIANEB Wrote:OK I loaded 15 rounds of 120 ELD 27.4 grains of A2230 went to the range the other day here's my three 5 shot groups at 100 yards.
Eureka! You hit the aiming point! Glad someone else pays attention to that. I always like to use the distance from the aiming point to the outside shot as my reference that includes everything - the ammo, the rifle and setup and me. Great job
StoneHendge Wrote:Eureka! You hit the aiming point! Glad someone else pays attention to that. I always like to use the distance from the aiming point to the outside shot as my reference that includes everything - the ammo, the rifle and setup and me. Great job
Thanks, I loaded 15 more of the same because if I have time I will go to the range tomorrow...
DianeB: I have always been impressed with your groups, they are very good, even for 100 yards. Your avatar shows you shooting offhand, are the groups shown in you pictures offhand or from a rest of some sort? Just asking for a friend!
"A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
Edward Abbey
"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.