Posts: 625
Threads: 34
Joined: Nov 2018
Hello everyone.
Where can I find a Faxon Firearms Match Series 18" Heavy Fluted, 6.5 Grendel and BCG? 1.81 lbs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16938[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16939[/ATTACH]
I know, I know: COVID, election, Panic, CW2...
Would really like to finish this build.
I have everything else.
I have put my email into about a half-dozen web pages notify list. I hope I don't have to wait till March...
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
I dont have a answer for you on where to find that barrel but I can tell you a sixfivearms barrel would fill the bill just fine.
Posts: 625
Threads: 34
Joined: Nov 2018
Thanks! They look good and have a good reputation around here. They are out of stock for the 18" and the bolt. I guess they don't sell the whole BCG? Thanks again.
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2020
In stock on this site: Barrel
https://www.armorally.com/shop/faxon-6-5...es-barrel/
Unfortunately the BCG is out of stock everywhere I checked.
I have one in my possession but it's not for sale. I myself am building one with a Faxon 12" barrel and a Faxon BCG. Sorry...
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Joined: Sep 2020
I just purchase a Wilson Combat match grade barrel. It is 18" with a rifle length gas system and fluted. It weighs 1.87 lbs.
https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Grade...HTRG18FC8/
Posts: 625
Threads: 34
Joined: Nov 2018
I finally found one.
USPS is doing their best to lose it.
Only 5 miles from my house, for 4 days now.
Posts: 47
Threads: 2
Joined: Nov 2018
Faxon has been in the middle of ?moving? their facility and production line... and or expanding it. You got lucky! Faxon is out of stock just about across the board everywhere... for quite a while. Not sure if you reload, but have found some really nice loads my Faxon 18" Gunner build really likes if you are interested and some info from my outing with a factory load.
Factory Load Info:
#81528 123gr Hornady ELD / 2480fps / 0.6 MOA
Hand Load info:
It likes the following loads (for hunting), all with CCI41 primers
27.4gr 8208XBR / 120gr Speer / 2415fps / OAL 2.260 / Elander mag
29.6gr A2520 / 120gr Speer / 2400fps / OAL 2.260 / Elander mag
29.4gr A2520 / 123gr SST / 2475fps / OAL 2.250 / Elander mag
28.5gr A2520 / 123gr SST / 2410fps / OAL 2.250 / Elander mag
Did not like:
Nosler in any recipe, just terrible groups.
Public Service Announcement:
It definitely seems 2500fps is the speed limit for my barrel.
Build Pics:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0i?usp=sharing
Target Pics:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...yb?usp=sharing