Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Expander Mandrel question
#1
Hey All, I could use some help choosing and Expander die and mandrel Sinclair and 21st century both sell these die will the mandrel from either one work with either die body.

Which expander die body works best Sinclair gen 2 or 21st century

21st century has a sale 6.5mm Titanium Nitride Expander Mandrel – Pt#NE26 for $14.20 and I thought of get these mandrel for both my 6.5 Grendel and my .308 .
Thanks for your help.
Briano
Reply
#2
I have the 21st Century mandrels, 6.5mm/.223 and die body. Pretty straightforward to use and adjust for each cartridge.
Reply
#3
Thanks.
Reply
#4
The 21st Century and Sinclair mandrels are propietary and will not interchange. I have used the Sinclair system for years and have had no problems with it.
If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
Reply
#5
stubshaft Wrote:The 21st Century and Sinclair mandrels are propietary and will not interchange. I have used the Sinclair system for years and have had no problems with it.

They are 100% interchangeable. I have both mandrels, die bodies, and 21st Century turning lathe. All mandrels are interchangeable (except the extended length mandrels from 21st Century).
Reply
#6
Which expander mandrel to you prefer most?
Reply
#7
centerfire Wrote:They are 100% interchangeable. I have both mandrels, die bodies, and 21st Century turning lathe. All mandrels are interchangeable (except the extended length mandrels from 21st Century).

Then I stand corrected as the Sinclair that I have is a completely different design.
If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
Reply
#8
You possibly have the 1st gen Sinclair if it uses a set screw and isn't captured within the die on a shoulder.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)