New member from Oklahoma
#1
Good morning guys. New to the Grendel and to reloading for it. I have a PSA 18" upper with a AAC 7.62 can on it. Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4x16 scope on it. I have about 60 rounds through it so far. I have once fired brass some test loads loaded with the 120 gr. Speer Gold Dot, and the 130 gr. Sierra TGK using TAC. Bought some AR Comp yesterday also.
Reply
#2
Welcome to the forum usmc0352! Sounds like your all set, range reports and pictures are always welcome.
Reply
#3
Welcome to the clan, U2, from your neighbor to the south. What part of the territories are you in and what are your goals?
Reply
#4
Welcome to the vile horde Blood Stripe.

Chuck
Reply
#5
Welcome to the horde sir.
Reply
#6
Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast
Reply
#7
U2, thank you for your service.
Reply
#8
Thank you all. Just looking to learn from those who know a lot ore than I do. I want to develop the most effective and accurate handloads that I can.
Reply
#9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15787[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15788[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15789[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15790[/ATTACH]
Here are a few of my new handloads I shot Sunday. I think the barrel is settling in. These are way better than the factory ammo I started with. Even the Hornady 123 gr SST's didn't do nearly this well. This was from 100 yards and off of a wobbly bench and a bipod. 90 gr Speer TNT, 120 Speer Gold Dot, and Sierra 130 gr TGK. TAC and AR Comp are the only two rifle powders I have but I'd say they will suffice. Rifle is a PSA 18" upper 1/8". Vortex 4x16 Diamondback tactical. The TGK target says TMK but these were Tipped game King projos.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               
Reply
#10
Excellent results!
Reply
#11
Welcome!! It's always good to see another Okie on here! Originally from southeast OK, been in the Tulsa area (rural) for 40+ yrs now.
Reply
#12
Western Oklahoma here! Welcome!
Reply
#13
Originally from McAlester.
Reply
#14
usmc0353, wobbly bench, huh? Still, not bad. If your near Coweta let me know if you'd like to shoot at one of the two local ranges [with solid benches]. We can have coffee and burn some powder. I'll even bring a 6.5G along.

Same for you 'wideglide'.
Reply
#15
Sounds great sundog! Are you referring to Oil Capital? I'm only a few mile away from there.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)