Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
130gr TGK load data
#1
While deciding on another bullet to try and researching 65Grendel for load data for 130TGK I found MidSouth had this data from Sierra of course the only powder I have in the list is H335!
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/f...d_data.pdf

[Image: E0C3A760-15D8-465D-8A28-EBB2A85D24AC.png]
Reply
#2
Thanks for the heads up!
Reply
#3
I'm looking for load data for the Sierra TGK 130 gr and AR Comp. I don't see any on Alliant's webpage. Not recommended I guess.
Reply
#4
ARCOMP 'might' be a tad too fast for the 130gr pills?? Don't have experience with that. From what I've read, I would think CFE223 or LeverEvolution would be good. Just a thought. Good luck, and please post back your results. I think I'd like to try some 130's.
Reply
#5
I would use h4895 and start low.
Reply
#6
Using AR Comp with the 130gr TGK. 26.8 gr COL 2.260” gave me these velocities for 5 shots in my 20” Lilja 2326;2326;2320; 2314;2326. SD 12
I found them accurate in both my Lilja barreled AR’s
Reply
#7
Bayouhunter1960 Wrote:Using AR Comp with the 130gr TGK. 26.8 gr COL 2.260” gave me these velocities for 5 shots in my 20” Lilja 2326;2326;2320; 2314;2326. SD 12
I found them accurate in both my Lilja barreled AR’s

The calculator I use for those numbers comes up with a SD of 5.36 which is very nice!
Reply
#8
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15794[/ATTACH] The target says TMK but these were TGK with 26.0 gr of TAC. I called the flier to the right. it looks like 6 shots to me. I guess I lost count when shooting. Not sure there would be any advantage to using AR Comp unless I was out of TAC. I intend to use these loads for deer and pig sized game. Anyone have experience with this bullet's performance on game?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#9
My TGK's are allocated to the Creed; I do have some 129 sst's and 129 ablr's that the RAP and the Lilja can shoot.
In the RAP I've got them at ~2500 with low SD, 22" barrel. Using CFE for now on these.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)