Posts: 94
Threads: 15
Joined: Jul 2018
Loaded up some rounds using the 130gr tipped game changer over 8208 xbr using Sierras load data. Pretty good results under minute of angle and 2380fps [20inch barrel]. Not sure the expansion threshold but for target shooting seems like a shooter. On sale on midway usa 26 cents per round.
[video=youtube_share;PXz9ZRpCnTA]https://youtu.be/PXz9ZRpCnTA[/video]
Posts: 302
Threads: 25
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,287
Threads: 156
Joined: Jan 2017
Connersville! Go Hoosiers!!! I grew up in Marion.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Posts: 989
Threads: 64
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 72
Threads: 7
Joined: May 2020
Great test. You are a more experienced reloader than myself. Seating at 2.29 and no pressure signs do you think you could work up to 26.6 or 26.8 and creep that velocity into the 2400 FPS range to make that a more viable hunting bullet? Obviously depending on accuracy. 26.4 looked great. Did you get a lot of compression on these loads? I have not yet loaded with XBR and am just curious. I just picked up a box of these to load as well. I am loading with ar comp at the moment.
Posts: 90
Threads: 21
Joined: Dec 2015
This is a viable round for hunting at the current velocity. At 300 he should still be around 1941 fps and 1087 ft/lbs. That meets all manufacturers expansion threshold and will still be good for smaller game , such as deer, out to about 450ish.
Posts: 72
Threads: 7
Joined: May 2020
bruceleroy Wrote:This is a viable round for hunting at the current velocity. At 300 he should still be around 1941 fps and 1087 ft/lbs. That meets all manufacturers expansion threshold and will still be good for smaller game , such as deer, out to about 450ish.
I guess what I meant was if you could work up the velocity and still stay under a minute it would be even more viable for hunting at longer ranges with possibly even better expansion. But 300-400 is a stretch so it is probably not needed. I was just thinking out loud.
Posts: 94
Threads: 15
Joined: Jul 2018
I didnt work up any higher because I didnt seem it safe to do so. Could you possibly, but I assume you would he over sammi max. I would have no issue using them on deer with the loads in this video at practicle hunting ranges.
Posts: 625
Threads: 34
Joined: Nov 2018
@RobUrban
Didn't know you (Rob's Reloading) were a member here. I posted one of your videos a while back. It was 120 GD and 90 TNT expansion video. Thanks for making it!
Posts: 94
Threads: 15
Joined: Jul 2018
I enjoy making the videos and it is a good way to document my reloading adventures. I am by no means a master reloader, but I think the videos may be helpful to others loading for the grendel.
Posts: 90
Threads: 21
Joined: Dec 2015
RobUrban Wrote:I enjoy making the videos and it is a good way to document my reloading adventures. I am by no means a master reloader, but I think the videos may be helpful to others loading for the grendel.
Heck yeah they are! I got into the Grendel, in part, because of you. Now its my favorite round.