Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Now Hunting with CRD Hornady V-MAX 95 gr. Ammo
#21
Generally, we return them to nature. Sometimes that means leaving them lay. Sometimes that means dragging them to a bone yard.
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#22
Do you ever eat any? A friend of mine went to TX to hunt hogs on his cousins place....he was going to bring some back for us to try but unfortunately he passed away when he was down there.
I was wondering if the farmers had a special place for you to dump carcasses. During deer season we have what we call the gut pile. Dump all carcasses there and they are usually gone within 2 days from the yotes eating them.
Reply
#23
I don't eat them any more. Sometimes, if I have somebody along that wants to cut one up, we do. Otherwise, what happens to the carcasses depends. On the landowners that let me leave them lay where killed, I will sometimes necropsy in the field. For the landowners that help me and collect hogs I kill and dump them in a special place for me, I don't necropsy any because I don't want them picking up all the bloody parts. On the fields where I need to take a hog to a dump area, I will necropsy and dump it. Some, I will take back to my place to necropsy and then put them in my bone yard.
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#24
Congrats on number 1000 , as far as the TTSX goes I have some loaded for April hog hunt . Here's pictures of a 120gr TTSX 7xo8 bullet that almost did a complete pass through on a frontal shot i took on a 2 1/2 year old buck 3 years ago , found it under the shin of his but , it liquidated his lungs and took out the top half of his heart . The recovered bullet weighted 114.4gr .


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
Reply
#25
Sundowner,
hope you get some hogs with the 100 TTSX. would sure like to hear how they do for hogs.
thanks,
-tdbru
Reply
#26
Varminting before the rains...

[video=youtube_share;CwcQb9dFgsc]https://youtu.be/CwcQb9dFgsc[/video]

Sorry about the typo. The velocity is 2739 fps, not 1749 fps.
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#27
Great shooting DNS .
Reply
#28
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the videos of your hunts and knowledge on the forum.
Best wishes for continued success!
Reply
#29
I’m looking forward to your results with the LRX. I got some, but haven’t had the opportunity to try them yet.
Reply
#30
Last of the V-Max 95 gr. for now, until CRD gets some more to me. I spent a lot of time at 2 properties over the last two nights, only to have just one property be productive and not really in the manor I most hoped. Even so, I thought there was some neat shots here and neat things that happened. Hopefully, y'all will find it entertaining as well...

[video=youtube_share;8G9IK3KuhHU]https://youtu.be/8G9IK3KuhHU[/video]
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#31
Great video DNS and great info on the 95gr v-max .
Reply
#32
Great Death Dances.
Reply
#33
DNS, congratulations on 1K man.

Whats your opinion on the performance of the Vmax generally so far? They seem to deliver immediate energy. Can you get a feel at all for the seeming unexpected bullet paths after entry? Are they shedding larger portions of jacket irregularly(a-symmetrically), causing the yaw in their travel? That'd be my guess. They seem to be pretty well dialed in, what kind of groups did you generate when sighting in?
Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
Reply
#34
So far, they seem okay. I can't say that they are remarkable in any way on larger animals because the two that I did have the opportunity to cut apart were both head shot. They are hell on smaller critters. Hopefully, I will get some more and get some good torso shots on some hogs and get a good look at wound channels and maybe get some more complete bullet or bullet parts recovery.
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#35
Awesome videos and congrats!

For strictly coyotes, what would you or everyone else recommend between 90gr TNT, 90gr Varmageddon or 95gr Vmax? Not wanting to use anything above that as I have been unhappy with 123 SST's on coyotes, for the most part.
Reply
#36
Congratulations on #1,000. I know you spent a lot of sleepless nights doing that. Congratulations, you deserve some sleep now.
Reply
#37
Sure enjoy your videos. Your ability to frequently hit hogs on the run is amazing. Thanks for your posts.
Reply
#38
Often leave them for nature. Many of the necropsies ones are at my place. The coyotes and vultures eat well.
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#39
Double Naught Spy Wrote:Often leave them for nature. Many of the necropsies ones are at my place. The coyotes and vultures eat well.

Yep, and the worms gotta eat too! Cool
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)