12-08-2019, 01:31 AM
Anybody ever done any business with these guys? M85 7.62x39 mini bolt $550 +$30 shipping. Looks good in the pictures.https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/product...39-l8762pm
|
Atlantic Fiearms?
|
|
12-08-2019, 01:31 AM
Anybody ever done any business with these guys? M85 7.62x39 mini bolt $550 +$30 shipping. Looks good in the pictures.https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/product...39-l8762pm
12-08-2019, 01:52 AM
I did,close to 10 yrs back.I got a Wasr Romanian AK47 for $249 from Atlantic.They were easy to do business with. They sell budget Firearms.
Those Zastava Serbian rifles are decent.But,the pice sure has shot up since I first heard of them.
12-08-2019, 03:07 AM
Zastava USA claims to have upped their quality to match their new prices. If Santa is good to me, I might order one to see what they are like.
12-09-2019, 02:51 AM
Atlantic is good to go. The barrel quality & action strength are there on the Zastavas. May need to refinish the stock a bit & maybe bed the action, but even at the higher prices, the juice is worth the squeeze.
12-20-2019, 08:37 PM
I purchased a half dozen or so AK or AK variants from them over the years. Mostly been a positive experience. The only negative was their add said the gun came with 2 mags and it arrived with only 1. Got absolutely nowhere with them over it, never would respond to my inquiries about it, nothing. Anyway, I got over it.
Thanks for a heads up on the Little Mauser’s, I just pulled the trigger on one. I’ll post how it turns out, when it arrives.
Well, the Zastava arrived today. Got to say, I’m pleasantly surprised. Fit and finished is better than I expected. I thought $550 was a little high before purchasing the gun, all in all, it’s a reasonable price. $350 would be screaming steal, at $450 still a great deal, at $550, that’s about as far as I’d go and still feel like it was worth it.
Trigger is probably what you expect from a former ComBloc hunting rifle. Single stage with a lot of take up and no wall or way to predict when it’s going to break. It is however smooth, with no grittiness. 5 trigger pull average was 3.03 lbs. Not bad right out of the box. The blueing is way better than I expected. The grain of walnut stock I got is rather “unique”, has “character”. Not your typical classic grain but, I’m actually ok with it and it has a very comfortable pleasant shape. And the gun is handier and lighter than I expect3d from the pictures. Right out of the box it weighed 5 lbs 14.3 oz. Pretty good, I’ll take it. ![]() So, as soon as I run some factory ammo through it, I’ll report back on that. I’ve got a bunch of 123 Gold Dots ,123 Hornady SP, CFE BLK and A1680 that I plan to hunt with. Should be able to get some of those through it within in the next week or so. The early conclusion is, yes, knowing what I know now, I’d buy it again at this price.
12-26-2019, 10:50 PM
Timney makes a replacement for the Rem. 799. Pricy. I ask Zastava about a Grendel model. They said they were considering other chambers. And maybe importing the action only. Let us know if the rifle is worth the trouble.
12-26-2019, 11:03 PM
hill37 Wrote:Timney makes a replacement for the Rem. 799. Pricy. I ask Zastava about a Grendel model. They said they were considering other chambers. And maybe importing the action only. Let us know if the rifle is worth the trouble. Yeah roger that. Plan B was, if this doesn’t shoot, and I got a bad barrel. I was going to yank it and convert it to a Grendel. Having said that, I just ordered a CZ American Sporter in 6.5G. Probably chop that down to 17-18” and go ultralight. On the other hand, may just rebareel that too if it’s got a “Giraffe” throat and I can’t get it to shoot with the current mag length. Have a reamer laying around here somewhere.
12-26-2019, 11:24 PM
Harpoon1 Wrote:Yeah roger that. Plan B was, if this doesn’t shoot, and I got a bad barrel. I was going to yank it and convert it to a Grendel. Having said that, I just ordered a CZ American Sporter in 6.5G. Probably chop that down to 17-18” and go ultralight. On the other hand, may just rebareel that too if it’s got a “Giraffe” throat and I can’t get it to shoot with the current mag length. Have a reamer laying around here somewhere. What kind of mag setup and coal length does the new rifle you just got have?
12-27-2019, 12:10 AM
A5BLASTER Wrote:What kind of mag setup and coal length does the new rifle you just got have? 5 round internal with hinged floorplate Disassembled, the internal mag box is 2.370-2.375 long. Need to load some dummy rounds and get a better view of what’s what assembled.
12-27-2019, 12:19 AM
Harpoon1 Wrote:5 round internal with hinged floorplate 2.370 nice. Sniff sniff I think I smell a project for this summer.
12-27-2019, 01:33 AM
Zavasta chambers the m85 in 22-250. I thought it would have a longish mag well. Seems like I remember them saying all the Grendel model needed was gov. approval. That was right before they got started.
hill37 Wrote:Zavasta chambers the m85 in 22-250. I thought it would have a longish mag well. Seems like I remember them saying all the Grendel model needed was gov. approval. That was right before they got started. That’s a good point, the 22-250 coal is 2.600 with heavy pills. Wonder if I could shoe horn the 22-250 mag box into this action? Huh! The plot thickens.........
12-27-2019, 03:05 AM
There seems to be a lot of custom stuff out for Mini Mauser action.
12-27-2019, 09:02 PM
hill37 Wrote:There seems to be a lot of custom stuff out for Mini Mauser action. Looks like the 22-250 mag box in this gun is a no-go. Bummer.
12-27-2019, 11:27 PM
Preferred Barrel blanks told me they would put change out the Zavasta's barrel for the same price as a Howa Mini. Best I can tell they are both 22mm but one is 1pitch and the other is 1.5. Metric threads are a mystery to me. That is a shoulder fit not nut type. They might do a switch barrel if for a price.
hill37 Wrote:Preferred Barrel blanks told me they would put change out the Zavasta's barrel for the same price as a Howa Mini. Best I can tell they are both 22mm but one is 1pitch and the other is 1.5. Metric threads are a mystery to me. That is a shoulder fit not nut type. They might do a switch barrel if for a price. Alright, thanks for the intel. Have a couple of Savage?s that could be candidates also. I emailed them last week and they apparently have no immediate plans for the 6.5G anytime soon. I like the idea of using a Savage for their generous mag length and ease of swapping bolt heads and barrels. Anyway, if this Zastava is a shooter, the Savage conversion will be more likely. There?s a lot to like about the Savage conversions but, their triggers are a continuing weak spot, at least for me.
12-28-2019, 12:08 AM
Zavasta told me that the may sell just the actions. I guess it depends on demand.
12-31-2019, 08:18 PM
Their are other trigger options for the savage triggers like the accu triggers, Rifle Basics makes a very good single stage adjustable trigger for the bottom bolt release rifles,
01-02-2020, 05:50 AM
Remington sold them for awhile as their model 799. i picked one up in 7.62x39. it's the same as the Zastava M85.
extractor doesn't hold the case head back against the bolt face so the ejector can kick it out. cases come out and sit in the action. throat measured 0.323" however Rem claimed it was SAAMI. sigh... rebarreled it to 6.5 Grendel. still don't have the extractor issue resolved. hopefully Zastava has upped their quality. i have been quite disappointed with mine. anyone know where to get another extractor? -tdbru |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|