Went to go hunting Sunday evening/Monday for deer. I got to the management area a bit later then I wanted. I just needed to get my climber out and find a tree to put it on before it got dark on sunday night to hunt Monday morning. It was blowing like 20mph into my face and the grass, palmettos, and trees where very loud. I was hauling out into the woods walking across an area of grass about knee high. I was not being quiet. My climber on my back was clinking loudly when all the sudden about 5-6 feet in front of my I see a hog walking away from me. 2 more steps and I could have smacked him on the butt. I pulled up my 12" put it right behind his head and let one fly. Hog was quartering away walking along. Since it was so close I didn't want to take the time to really look at an exact spot to aim. I just put it right behind the head and let it go. The hog instantly dropped and was just kicking its legs. I figure it was dead but just in case I put the barrel on its head and sent another one through the brain to stop any suffering. Small boar about 50 pounds probably. Bullet entered the left neck and came out the right shoulder at the top and front of the shoulder. Cleaning the hog the entire right shoulder meat was destroyed along with the first 3" of back strap on the right side. Exit hole was very impressive. I don't really understand the wound path of the bullet being that he was quartering away and the bullet traveled backwards after it hit him. Must have ricocheted off the spine or something. Unfortunately I didn't see any bucks on Monday. Just a couple of does.
|
12" Grendel with 110g maker trex.
|
|
12-04-2019, 12:56 AM
Congrats sir.
12-04-2019, 01:42 AM
Looks like his luck ran out, what bullet were you using?
12-04-2019, 01:52 AM
110g maker trex
12-04-2019, 04:27 AM
Congrats on the hog .
12-07-2019, 11:28 PM
Way to go Bigs
C
12-14-2019, 04:28 PM
CJW Wrote:Way to go BigsCan ayone here tell me what is the BC on 110 0r 120 , cannot find it, thanks
12-14-2019, 06:13 PM
Im using .310 in strelok and my elevation adjustments seem to be pretty close. Not exact but close enough for the hunting distance im using it for which is out to 200ish
12-14-2019, 06:37 PM
What powder Bigs????
Did you ever get the scale up and running that I sent you??? C
12-14-2019, 08:50 PM
Im using 8208. I have not done any reloading because of Thanksgiving Christmas etc.... probably won't get to it till January
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

