09-06-2019, 03:26 PM
Straight stck and too narrow for the Grendel, by just a little not sure how much, caliers not handy after a move
|
222 Rem to 6.5 Grendel
|
|
09-06-2019, 03:26 PM
Straight stck and too narrow for the Grendel, by just a little not sure how much, caliers not handy after a move
09-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Difference in cartridge rim diameter is 0.062" . Not sure if there's enough extra room or not.
My Brother has a Remington 788 in 223. If I think about it I might see if my 6.5 Grendel ammo will fit and feed out of his mag. I don’t have a rifle to test it but I might be able to tell if there is enough clearance for the rounds to be pushed out by the bolt.
A good friend has a Remington 788 in 22-250 but I don’t know if it would be any better for conversion to 6.5 Grendel. Both of those 788’s are really good shooters. I really like the plain wood stocks and always wanted one for myself. I just never found the right one to buy when I had money.
09-07-2019, 12:15 AM
Well, the receiver was sold. But this is still a good discussion.
I was able to get 3 Grendel rounds in my 308 mag. I didn't try to see if the bolt would strip them out. The third one was pointing up at a pronounced angle. Somewhere I have a 6mm mag for a 788. I'll see how that works if I can find it. I really wish I'd kept the 223 and 7-08 I had. I do need to do something with my 308 though. I loved shooting that gun but that 18.5" barrel on a light rifle doesn't play well with my ageing shoulder |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|