Posts: 43
Threads: 5
Joined: Jan 2019
Please only report here if you have feed issues.
Looking for information only to aid in taking care of you all that have ordered and have stocks in hand.
There is a Magazine issue that is bigger then what I imagined, but I don't have complete info on what.
We have aided in fixing such issues, but it isn't 100%. I'd personally consider it around 85%. That being said, the change we are looking at seems to remedy most on this page. Mag issue still? Yes, but If we can adjust and or fix what you bought, then so be it, that is our goal.
I've seriously burnt up Lapua brass and mags, seated new bullets, retested. Over and over again.
We are waiting for some reports back on mags, actions, factory call outs, etc. Sooner then later I hope.
For the time being. Please fill out the following.
Posts: 43
Threads: 5
Joined: Jan 2019
We had a couple customers phone in this week. Please chime in here if you have. I hope to have instructions on returns if need be later. I only ask to not junk this up with other issues.
Posts: 77
Threads: 15
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 175
Threads: 14
Joined: Jul 2018
Mine feeds the first 3 only on all 3 mags. 2 of the 3 mags will feed 4 and 5 sometimes if I push the mag all the way into the gun. 1 mag jams on 4 and 5 if I do this. I voted and I posted dimensions of pillar height in the other thread. All 3 mags feed 5/5 in the factory stock.
Posts: 23
Threads: 3
Joined: Apr 2019
Mine doesn't seem to feed any if I dont hold up on mag. Then it's some bolt manipulation still
Posts: 22
Threads: 2
Joined: Apr 2019
Mine feeds first two or three; skips over or hangs last two on feed ramp
-Mac
Posts: 43
Threads: 5
Joined: Jan 2019
04-24-2019, 11:43 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 01:44 PM by Gunner75.)
Ok, this has been non stop on our end. Seriously. I have one local customer that brought me his stock. I have a CNC fixture and program in place to reduce web thickness by .020 to .045 pending magazines. Not sure how his set up is going to work down the road with other (new production) magazines, but he is happy at the moment.
So far, 2 or 3 of you seem to be in the same situation.
Here is what I have done. I've built a CNC fixture to hold an un altered / un bedded rifle stock #1003 that isn't feeding properly. I'm reducing the web thickness .020 to .045 pending magazines and bottom metal. What little I have tested it looks great, but not sure how the other "proper" magazines will perform. I have a little worry that the bolt will bind on the mag lips.
Communication with LS has dropped off. Unfortunately but that is across the board on industry contacts these days.
***When they call on us, I'll cover it on my end.
You can send me your stock, I can mill it, and return it. I highly suggest contacting LS first about mags as I won't be able to offer anything after modification other then shimming.
You can return the stock. If that happens I will inspect and likely await for more mags and or lot testing.
Your thoughts?
You will need to phone 620-225-6688 and get an RA# along with other instructions. Ask for Tory.
Posts: 279
Threads: 9
Joined: Sep 2018
I applaud this effort to fix our issues, but I don't have a definitive answer.
Every single magazine I have (10 of them now) drags to varying degrees on the bolt when mounted in the factory stock with the factory plastic and to a lesser extent my own bottom metal.
When I mounted the action in the B&C stock it moved it high enough to glide over the top and still feed in all but 2 of my magazines and now I have remedied that as well.
I think shimming the trigger guard would be the simplest fix if the web thickness were to thin for feeding.
Posts: 22
Threads: 2
Joined: Apr 2019
I also have feed issues. I have not called the store
Posts: 22
Threads: 2
Joined: Apr 2019
Thanks for the update Gunner; I'll call today. Would it help if I sent along my mag?
Posts: 53
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2018
I voted that it feeds first three because there wasn't an option for "only feeds the first round". The second round hangs up on the feed ramp. It will feed if I push up on the mag. Also with only two left in the mag, the bolt does not pick up the round and slides over. The problem occurs with the original mag as well as two extra mags I bought directly from LS. I have the Dip bottom metal and mag release installed. I guess I am going to wait and see what happens with the spring replacements others are trying before sending it back.
Posts: 43
Threads: 5
Joined: Jan 2019
If you guys phone in for an RA# to have your stock adjusted please do not send any parts.
I will function test with the various items I have on hand.
Posts: 77
Threads: 15
Joined: Apr 2018
If we send in our stocks for modification and it still does not work, what next?
Posts: 77
Threads: 15
Joined: Apr 2018
My stock was returned for modification via USPS today.
Posts: 43
Threads: 5
Joined: Jan 2019
I'm here fellas. I'm on another project but I've been checking daily as to what stocks are coming in. Nothing yet that I have seen. I will be the one setting these up on my fixture and running the CNC to make the changes. From what I have done I believe this adjustment to the stock will really help all around. The magazines could still give some fits but only time will tell.
I've ran several stocks here in house with various magazines. Slow, moderate, aggressive, and running the bolt like my life depended on it. I'd call it 90% success adjusting inletting, but I have ran some magazines that just don't have enough spring tension and or the lips are a little tight allowing for some hiccups.
I will try and address the PM's sooner than later.
FWIW, I will test the incoming stock, make a few checks, if all is right, I will fixture and machine, retest. I hope to have these out the same day they arrive but our USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS deliveries are now later in the day. Might put me in a pinch from time of arrival, stock check in, adjust, to ready to go out.
Posts: 636
Threads: 149
Joined: Apr 2017
Your effort is greatly appreciated. If other companies had you and your companies dedication to their customers, none of this would be necessary.
Posts: 53
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2018
Hi Gunner, Mine got there yesterday. There was also a void that needed to be filled. I am hoping the standard procedure is to repair the void instead of replace. If they are planning to replace it instead are you able to intercept it? I am hoping not to have to send a different one in for the in-letting fix. Tory was aware of both issues. Thanks again for all your help.
Posts: 53
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2018
I got my stock back today after having it modified to fix the feed issues. I am happy to report that two out of three mags feed all five rounds perfectly. The other will feed four and gets a little hung up on the last round but can be manipulated in. I am calling this an issue with that one mag due to the weak spring. Also the small void in the mag well was filled. Everything looks great.Thanks Gunner for all your help. I am a happy camper. Now hopefully it won't rain all weekend so I can go out and shoot it.
Posts: 279
Threads: 9
Joined: Sep 2018
I also ended up sending my stock back for modification.
It fed well with one of my rifles, when I mounted my second Howa Mini it exhibited the same feed problems as seen by others here.
I received my modified stock back today and tried the feeding in both rifles I have on hand and now both feed fine.
My only gripe is that I dropped the stock on the concrete floor and cracked the paint slightly! :mad: It's only noticeable from one angle but I cant believe I did that!!
Posts: 53
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2018
HokeyPokeyKid Wrote:I also ended up sending my stock back for modification.
It fed well with one of my rifles, when I mounted my second Howa Mini it exhibited the same feed problems as seen by others here.
I received my modified stock back today and tried the feeding in both rifles I have on hand and now both feed fine.
My only gripe is that I dropped the stock on the concrete floor and cracked the paint slightly! :mad: It's only noticeable from one angle but I cant believe I did that!!
Good to hear it's working. Total bummer about the cracked paint. I am wondering if there is a good/recommended paint out there for touch ups? I am bound to do something to mine someday that will require it.