Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
imaguy3 Wrote:I'm curious on the amend 2 mags... have they done any extensive testing with suppressed guns?
I have the e-lander and I'm getting sick of having to take them apart every 100 rounds to clean them. When clean they run fine, but after about 100 rounds they start giving fail to feeds in the last couple rounds, then they run fine again after a cleaning.
I'm not having this issue with any magpul mags in my 223 guns, which makes me wonder if the polymer amend 2 mags would be more reliable than metal body in this respect.
I'm not sure how the grendel mags will work out. I've never had a issue with their standard AR mags getting dirty, but their glock mags do not handle dirt very well.
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
Cotay Wrote:So are we going to be seeing these mags anytime soon? I'm looking to pick up around 10 new AR Grendel mags and I've been holding off.
I just sent Matt a text. Will let you know what I find out.
Posts: 19
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2018
DO NOT BUY THESE. I have bought Amend 2 mags on 2 different occasions. 2 mags the first time and 6 the second. In each case I had broken every mag within 3 days of purchase. Its not just me. 2 friends purchased mags for a class we did. 8 mags total. 6 broken. We run our mags hard. A lot of cold weather shooting with dropping empties on the deck when the plastic is cold. Lots of failures.
If you say you have Amend2 with no issues, I guess your lucky.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
m1a convert Wrote:DO NOT BUY THESE. I have bought Amend 2 mags on 2 different occasions. 2 mags the first time and 6 the second. In each case I had broken every mag within 3 days of purchase. Its not just me. 2 friends purchased mags for a class we did. 8 mags total. 6 broken. We run our mags hard. A lot of cold weather shooting with dropping empties on the deck when the plastic is cold. Lots of failures.
If you say you have Amend2 with no issues, I guess your lucky.
Are maybe they take better care of their gear lmao.
I will buy a few when they come too market to test out for use as hunting mags.
But I expect they will be more then strong enough for that usage but then again I'm not the type too run around playing commando and dumping my gear all over the ground either.
Since these will be 10 round mags I don't see many folks playing 3gun or taking cqb combat training class's with them either.
Posts: 39
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2015
I want to give them a chance. They can stand on their merits or lack thereof. I appreciate the support of companies in support of the cartridge. I will order a few for testing when they are available.
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
m1a convert Wrote:DO NOT BUY THESE. I have bought Amend 2 mags on 2 different occasions. 2 mags the first time and 6 the second. In each case I had broken every mag within 3 days of purchase. Its not just me. 2 friends purchased mags for a class we did. 8 mags total. 6 broken. We run our mags hard. A lot of cold weather shooting with dropping empties on the deck when the plastic is cold. Lots of failures.
If you say you have Amend2 with no issues, I guess your lucky.
I have about 50 of the AR mags, and about 20 glock mags that I use in uspsa and other competitive shooting sports, and never have I had a single issue, except for sticky follower on one glock mag when it got dirty. Not sure what the heck you are doing to break them, but they are a good mag. They do offer lifetime warrenty and will replace them if you break them.
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
Had a chat with Matt tonight. They are waiting for the order of springs to show up to finish assembly of he first batch to send out,and then start full production
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Dead Center Miss Wrote:Had a chat with Matt tonight. They are waiting for the order of springs to show up to finish assembly of he first batch to send out,and then start full production
Good deal, so later this month to next month for them too be on the market.
Got a buddy that is going to lose his mind because the grendel has a polymer mag and his God sent 6.8 doesn't lmao.
Posts: 162
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2019
Glad to hear these are still making progress.
The laser marking concepts are cool, but it’s too soon for that stuff. Get the design right and the manufacturing process dialed in, and marketing will take care of itself.
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
Growler Wrote:Glad to hear these are still making progress.
The laser marking concepts are cool, but it’s too soon for that stuff. Get the design right and the manufacturing process dialed in, and marketing will take care of itself.
I think the lasor marking is cool, but it would be more up to the rifle owner to send parts in to have done.
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
A5BLASTER Wrote:Good deal, so later this month to next month for them too be on the market.
Got a buddy that is going to lose his mind because the grendel has a polymer mag and his God sent 6.8 doesn't lmao.
That's hilarious.
I'm hoping soon. I'm supposed to getting the first few they put together so im.hoping in 2 weeks or so to have a few in my hand.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
I'm going to order a few myself.
Wonder if a group buy on these would be worth while.
Posts: 2,555
Threads: 383
Joined: Sep 2013
It will be interesting to see if these are really reliable or not before doing a group buy.
Posts: 162
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2019
A5BLASTER Wrote:Wonder if a group buy on these would be worth while.
No doubt group buy logistics is a lot of work, but it is appreciated. I’d sure bite.
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
Double Naught Spy Wrote:It will be interesting to see if these are really reliable or not before doing a group buy.
I plan on taking the first ones I get out to Parma. They survive that sand, they will survive anyting.
Posts: 70
Threads: 28
Joined: Mar 2018
I have a hog hunting trip planned for early February, and I would love to get my hands on a couple of those before the end of the month.
Posts: 27
Threads: 5
Joined: Sep 2018
Dead Center Miss Wrote:I have about 50 of the AR mags, and about 20 glock mags that I use in uspsa and other competitive shooting sports, and never have I had a single issue, except for sticky follower on one glock mag when it got dirty. Not sure what the heck you are doing to break them, but they are a good mag. They do offer lifetime warrenty and will replace them if you break them.
I also have a bunch of these mags, 15 of them, all have been reliable as well. I run my stuff pretty hard as well, plenty of training and drills, never had an issue. Can't wait till they release the grendel mags.
Posts: 190
Threads: 25
Joined: Sep 2016
I would say give the company a chance. If they happen to have a few issues hopefully they will stand behind them and correct any flaws.
Posts: 769
Threads: 141
Joined: Apr 2011
They were supposed to contact me when they has units available for testing. I havent heard from them.
"Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."
Posts: 4,287
Threads: 156
Joined: Jan 2017
PF, good to hear from ya by the way!!!
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
|