Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Prince65 Grendel (parts list)
#21
PJ, What distance to the chicken coop? Wanna try some 70-80 grn. GMX that will smoke anything shy of a brown bear, in a 200yd or less shot?

I was the guy that sent a Ton of tweaked GMX pills to rickoshay= ROS. to gel test since 2015.

He & I have been busy, along with a few others - to garner interest, and actually getting LFP's made - aside of me as a small- 1 at a time custom bullet designer. Many new companies have joined into the LFP cause- idea.

I still push for the GMX in a lighter trim.
Reply
#22
600 yards, my grandfather uses his heavy 223 with 75gr and I told him I want to try my Grendel. I am definitely interested in the gmx. The max shot on our property I can get is 1200 yards
Reply
#23
Oh man... Im SOO jealous! I can only dream of that range. Although im very happy i just found out theres a 700 yard range pretty close near by. I thought the longest was 200 unless i head way south around the oregon border.

Best of luck to you and chickens.
Reply
#24
One of my neighbors has an 800 yard range out his front door. He sets his shooting bench on his covered front porch. A few of my other buddies have 1,000+ yard ranges at their homes, but it's pretty cool to literally step out the front door and be at the range.
Engineer, FFL and Pastor
Reply
#25
From the porch its 650-700 to every corner of the property and that's where the chickens are but were about to relocate them from what I heard.
Reply
#26
Oh forgot to mention. My Atlas Bipod shipped.
Reply
#27
Also looking forward to a range report, not that you have to travel to shoot.
Queen of Battle
Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS
Reply
#28
Just waiting for my trigger, scope, and mag
Reply
#29
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10731[/ATTACH] looks weird without trigger but, I got the parts to assemble the lower mostly. Good news though, my trigger, scope mount, and bipod will be here by the 13th but the glass and mag is still backorder.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#30
Looks good, very similar to mine. Ive thought about changing to a two stage trigger, what are the benefits of them? I like the idea of having a lighter trigger, especially for bench shooting long distances. But i see those in a single and two stage variants.
Reply
#31
chetly Wrote:Looks good, very similar to mine. Ive thought about changing to a two stage trigger, what are the benefits of them? I like the idea of having a lighter trigger, especially for bench shooting long distances. But i see those in a single and two stage variants.

I'd say you need to pull a two stage and see what you prefer. I had a 3.5# Timney single stage in my Grendel and managed to unintentionally double tap it two or three times, due to the rifle recoiling back into my trigger finger. My first two stage was a Geissele SSA-E. It has an almost effortless take up (that actually measures about 2#) before it hits resistance. Another 2# breaks the shot. No more double taps.

After making the switch, I prefer the two stage. Others prefer single stage triggers. Again, you should try one and see what you think.
Reply
#32
Thanks boss, Ill have to give it a shot.
Reply
#33
Profit Joseph, yes this is a refuge for a many of us. It's kept clean, on purpose. No verbal abuse, swearing, etc., like some other forums.

Radical arms---- I have not seen much complaining of their goods. Never listen, or worry of comments of your build. It's your job as a reloader to dial in a decent .5--1.0" group for hunting.

Or, better for long range target work. Factory made ammo is -good stuff. Roll your own to tighten groups.

I think that since most bbl. makers finally went Full on -on the Sammie chamber, lots of problems went away...
Reply
#34
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10778[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10779[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10780[/ATTACH] Trigger and BiPod came in today. LaRue also sent me some spice. This trigger feels amazing. very light weight and they include a heavier spring for those that like a stronger pull. Now I just need my mag, scope, and mount.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
Reply
#35
Dillodust is good stuff.
Reply
#36
Yay my scope and magazine shipped
Reply
#37
Jamie,

Your Grendel is looking good.

I just got my 24" Radical Firearms barrel mounted on a receiver and it is ready to shoot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10902[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10903[/ATTACH]

I plan to shoot it tomorrow and will report when I do.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
Reply
#38
I shot my 24" Radical Firearms barrel with Wolf steel ammo today.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10913[/ATTACH]
I removed the muzzle brake and the shots seemed to group better.
The blast from the muzzle brake is pretty annoying and didn't seem to reduce recoil.
Maybe the barrel doesn't like Wolf steel. Not many do.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#39
I got two LaRue triggers for Black Friday and also like 'em. You're gonna have fun shooting that one!
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#40
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10926[/ATTACH]
This is my largest AR rifle


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)