I'll go into detail later on this ordeal.
I finally received my Neptune VIII from PF Tuesday (ordered Jan 5 2017), and opted out of work early yesterday to send some Rounds down range for break in per their instructions, and see what it likes.
I had already purchased a fair bit of ammo from a member here in the Buy Sell Trade section, and used up the "Mixed bag of Amax and SST - to whit I could not identify which was which, so that was the break in ammo.
I shot some 5 round groups, and the two best groups came from American Eagle OTM. Clocking in at 2525 fps at 4800' ASL, I managed to pull these two groups. The more experienced around here will be able to tell what was shooter error since they are a combination of strings.
![[Image: EKSQP-5GWUFDxRBDrjmrOy40bxl_WwCFvQlvbn10...80-h846-no]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EKSQP-5GWUFDxRBDrjmrOy40bxl_WwCFvQlvbn10sU0fL4ZHxkv8QuNzvWSKYgQUA1gnDjQhE5fRoyxl0Mod-easeZR7pFnZNmAPpEtgA94jvVU6jFBqMhOioBEiFJeYM4_xB5dRAAxQ7EiFKSZTtU19mAT3TyvP5ISqTu4WlxiYhktHgFmQCsxUYz4jtU8r1Pu9O1D7cufqVuiiclV5RQbMT7asI2FH2W4pxRGTLyQdB7yEwqdOgCSVpg-n1arWAEcEBGwwbpJ-lUM6CzwSK84Bb-7i8R0HQaC5J4zBADFuX-F10CMR9D2bUP82Nq7M3zq0sJ95aKnI6wSEIzl2n3cGg6hPfUtbkMIumor5jpMwvFW_2c1KxhWfStRWZ0kXwpvwiW6VXBGe7_B3HA6io49LK_2Cfg8x-6zAm9qzpRoRKt3Tu69NWhqeaEd-R4K3QnUSgpqMhCqS_bJYUKJZYUyIOS8QlAr1SAguREVkxYy7q1-Xzskw-0817Elt3s7MEOkoLXV-c5fQt7ooxJbDbe2iXk4bLBfCd82qOnFf-zcdzIAX5lAnTPpD0uO-GCHbkXr7xYBMQ-EPNt6l26voKVtBRl19FCb1PFFf4s9mz5swnR-hRCc65dDt=w1080-h846-no)
![[Image: g40HHXVp0mO_6BB_95PH31RyXulkr375JKSIicO-...80-h846-no]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/g40HHXVp0mO_6BB_95PH31RyXulkr375JKSIicO-PjvOC--sap7Hg8RLWU_XD-oVTU0arMvDIib-E_ymrGPPNaMAVtLOrfA_pjDi5RbPNSI26riHZKLBEwx-Aliq7r2nQhgFK57sqGkNR9thzZthWk7Ayq1h-TNFiyKtfEdfWk0gBz9m6usp2Zn08Bd7B_l5tf6UFsrim8lqPORWBMKKVyjq9RoJv4UJxbSI0YqtSGae3oucNQgxGXSXlUcdMRhEd9citS9bT4-jSQGIpl5BSNVWKO8mx5VNJHV0SiuTW0Jtfrv_QbrMXUFyDlV_PIvNNIufFGGJ8FFUbt56XIKg3i_3oTC2vjL8Lg3BImJDEPVxnMieOmHMMxMdjb6Ru9Q0xJl5-LUTrr7C48rgJp63UDbTixBASQbbq2vJ_S7w9y210XDccQqTHubOEfDm5k9taEsF71cPDTtS6tW5CzKZHdz1_Qvod8HaJr3NPyHJJSPBze727DWgvsadeqxAr665DHxYUaW8mq6XUtGG8pz44kcuk4PcH_XGmS-d6OYpiPPmOEh0GuVlfh8jKPD3sSgZn2AoNZN5Kp4Sm6dDIeo8TA-CArpNwd53gdj0_QXjb7n-OawYEdM9SGg_=w1080-h846-no)
These do have a different POI from the SST/Amax, who was dialed in hitting just left of center, and equally low.
Shots are at 100y
Neptune Spec;
Barletien barrel, 18" Threaded with Atlas until Omega gets out of NFA Jail
SLR AGB - Dimpled (not by choice)
Sampson Keymod - getting rid of that tube soon for a MI Gen II
NIB BCG
Nightforce 20 MOA Unimount - Lapped and torqued to spec
Hubble Telescope (Vortex Viper PST FFP Gen I 5-24x50 MRAD)
PSA Lower with Geiselle SSA-E
Magpul PRS
Magpul MIAD
I finally received my Neptune VIII from PF Tuesday (ordered Jan 5 2017), and opted out of work early yesterday to send some Rounds down range for break in per their instructions, and see what it likes.
I had already purchased a fair bit of ammo from a member here in the Buy Sell Trade section, and used up the "Mixed bag of Amax and SST - to whit I could not identify which was which, so that was the break in ammo.
I shot some 5 round groups, and the two best groups came from American Eagle OTM. Clocking in at 2525 fps at 4800' ASL, I managed to pull these two groups. The more experienced around here will be able to tell what was shooter error since they are a combination of strings.
These do have a different POI from the SST/Amax, who was dialed in hitting just left of center, and equally low.
Shots are at 100y
Neptune Spec;
Barletien barrel, 18" Threaded with Atlas until Omega gets out of NFA Jail
SLR AGB - Dimpled (not by choice)
Sampson Keymod - getting rid of that tube soon for a MI Gen II
NIB BCG
Nightforce 20 MOA Unimount - Lapped and torqued to spec
Hubble Telescope (Vortex Viper PST FFP Gen I 5-24x50 MRAD)
PSA Lower with Geiselle SSA-E
Magpul PRS
Magpul MIAD
Sticks
Catchy sig line here.
Catchy sig line here.

