Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Need Help selecting a barrel...............
#21
keystone183 Wrote:Just as an fyi......I am on week 27 waiting on my PF criterion. It is to be nitrided, so that adds a bit of time....but yeah.

KS183:

That is not a good sign. In the past when guys have had to wait that long, it meant the company never made the barrel.

You need to contact them and find out when you will get this barrel.

Good luck.....

LR55
Reply
#22
Does anyone know IF there will be another Faxon Firearms 6.5 Grendel group buy again(I hope so.)?
Reply
#23
LR1955 Wrote:KS183:

That is not a good sign. In the past when guys have had to wait that long, it meant the company never made the barrel.

You need to contact them and find out when you will get this barrel.

Good luck.....

LR55

LR, the last communication i had with them was by email, and was told it would ship in 6 weeks. Mark's sterling reputation is what is keeping me from being excessively upset at this point. After the 6 weeks, that may change.
Reply
#24
Christopher67 Wrote:Does anyone know IF there will be another Faxon Firearms 6.5 Grendel group buy again(I hope so.)?

There are three of them going right now.
Reply
#25
85_Ranger4x4 Wrote:There are three of them going right now.

3? Did i miss them, maybe im not looking in the right place lol?
Reply
#26
Yes, 3. 12", 18" and 20"

All are in the group buy section of this forum on the main page.
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply
#27
rabiddawg Wrote:Yes, 3. 12", 18" and 20"

All are in the group buy section of this forum on the main page.


Thanks!
Reply
#28
keystone183 Wrote:LR, the last communication i had with them was by email, and was told it would ship in 6 weeks. Mark's sterling reputation is what is keeping me from being excessively upset at this point. After the 6 weeks, that may change.

KD183:

I don't think Mark makes his barrels from a blank. He probably buys them already made to his specs and chambers them himself.

There aren't many places I would trust to buy a rifle or gear. I do trust Mark.

LR55
Reply
#29
LR,

That is correct as i understand it. I was curious, so i just went and looked......TOMORROW is 6 weeks!! Fingers crossed......
Reply
#30
Everyone I know that has ordered a barrel from PF, myself included, received it. It just takes time.

I have 2 sitting in my shop right now.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#31
Christopher67 Wrote:Thanks!

They are even trying to get the 16" group buy back up and running for another round. Will take some time to get 50 in again....
Reply
#32
ahillock Wrote:They are even trying to get the 16" group buy back up and running for another round. Will take some time to get 50 in again....

I would prefer the 16", but 18" wouldn't be bad either. Is there a chart that shows the differece between the 16, 18 & 20" barrels out to certain yardages? I'm going to be hunting whitetail & possibly coyotes.
Reply
#33
I believe there is data in the original 16" Group Buy thread. It's a few pages in and BFT was the poster.
Reply
#34
Don't be scared away from the bhw barrel because of the type 1 bolt. As long as you have the right bolt for your barrel and headsoacing what does it matter? Also check out AR performance. He mainly does 6.8 but he has 6.5 G barrels in stock. Melanite 5r barrels that are plenty accurate( moa or less) and very reasonably priced. If money is not an issue Lilja has barrels in stock.They are pricey but they will shoot.
Reply
#35
Cornbread Wrote:Don't be scared away from the bhw barrel because of the type 1 bolt. As long as you have the right bolt for your barrel and headsoacing what does it matter? Also check out AR performance. He mainly does 6.8 but he has 6.5 G barrels in stock. Melanite 5r barrels that are plenty accurate( moa or less) and very reasonably priced. If money is not an issue Lilja has barrels in stock.They are pricey but they will shoot.


AR performance, do you have a link? I just have a question, IF type 1 or type 2 doesn't matter so long as you're using the correct bolt with the correct barrels, then why bother with a SAAMI spec?
Reply
#36
Cuppednlocked Wrote:I believe there is data in the original 16" Group Buy thread. It's a few pages in and BFT was the poster.

Post #78? http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...post116959
Reply
#37
There is also some information posted by LRRPF52 from the reloading handbooks on arfcom. It was on the first page of the "variants" sub forum a few days ago.
Reply
#38
Nice thing about staying with SAAMI is if everyone did it the weird homebrew stuff would die out and make it less daunting for others to get into the caliber.

No idea where but somewhere in my research someone said there is a 50fps difference between a 16" and a 18".
Reply
#39
Christopher67 Wrote:AR performance, do you have a link? I just have a question, IF type 1 or type 2 doesn't matter so long as you're using the correct bolt with the correct barrels, then why bother with a SAAMI spec?

The second post on this thread talks a little about the bolt difference.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ange-rifle
Reply
#40
I have a BHW 24 inch (264LBC), a PF 20 inch (SAAMI except for the Type 1 bolt) and a ARPERF 20 inch (not sure what Chamber) with his sinusoidal bolt and they all shoot sub MOA with factory Hornady.....so go figure. I am hoping to some day get a Faxon 20 inch (SAAMI) from the group buy, if people ever get off the fence.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)