11-16-2016, 05:34 PM
Hey guys, I still haven't build a Grendel even though a long time ago I had every intention of doing so. I started a group buy on 10.5" barrels then the chamber was called into question, so my interest fell off. Then magazine and bolt issues are not clear to me. I want to start buying parts slowly, but I also want a balance for value and quality. If I know factory ammo of all types will let my bolt live 5-6k then replace before failure, then great. Do I need a $70 or a $100 bolt? I been watching wolf steel cased ammo plung in price to 24¢ per round with the same .223 wolf ammo at 22¢ per round. It makes it a great value. Ultimately I want a 10.5" pistol and 18-20" rifle. Of course I will run mainly wolf ammo in the pistol and the rifle will probably never see wolf ammo, but I like the versatility of ammo in the same calibre.
It seems from what I could dig up online using wolf ammo in a 10.5" barrelled pistol should out perform the M4 in accuracy and power using mil surplus ammo. Please be easy I'm not on the same level as you guys, but research the heck out of stuff before spending.
So basically looking to get in cheap as possible, but spend on critical parts. If you guys have recommendations please share as much info as possible. Approximate cost, how satisfied you are, and possible the best place to buy.
It seems from what I could dig up online using wolf ammo in a 10.5" barrelled pistol should out perform the M4 in accuracy and power using mil surplus ammo. Please be easy I'm not on the same level as you guys, but research the heck out of stuff before spending.
So basically looking to get in cheap as possible, but spend on critical parts. If you guys have recommendations please share as much info as possible. Approximate cost, how satisfied you are, and possible the best place to buy.

