Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
It is almost ready for some action
#1
Finally got most of my orders in Friday. Was able to get this far...almost there.
I am still waiting on magazines and optics.

This is my first 6.5 Grendel. Still up in the air about what scope to put on it... Any suggestions?
Reply
#2
What do you plan on using the rifle for? This will decide what type of scope to search for.
Reply
#3
Looks like a 16" barrel, if it were me I'd get a 2.5-10 or 3-9 minimum. I like to shoot at longer range so I'd still get a 20 MOA one piece mount. I've got the bug where I like to ring steel way out there. If you never plan on shooting past 700 yards you can get by without a canted mount.
Reply
#4
Vasux86 Wrote:What do you plan on using the rifle for? This will decide what type of scope to search for.

Good question. This is primarily going to be a hunting rifle. Shots in the 100-250 yard range.
Reply
#5
VASCAR2 Wrote:Looks like a 16" barrel, if it were me I'd get a 2.5-10 or 3-9 minimum. I like to shoot at longer range so I'd still get a 20 MOA one piece mount. I've got the bug where I like to ring steel way out there. If you never plan on shooting past 700 yards you can get by without a canted mount.

I have never shot at a target farther than 300 yards. I would like to try it some time, but that is not why I built this rifle.
Reply
#6
My .264 LBC has a 4-12x Vortex Viper on it. Fantastic glass, great scope.
[SIZE="3"]If it ain't fun, why bother doin' it?[/SIZE]
Reply
#7
Great... just realized that my bolt and my barrel are the wrong combination. Just ordered a new bolt. Problem solved except now I have an extra bolt that is worthless to me.
Reply
#8
Brett A Wrote:Great... just realized that my bolt and my barrel are the wrong combination. Just ordered a new bolt. Problem solved except now I have an extra bolt that is worthless to me.

Why couldn't you exchange or return it?
Reply
#9
I am going to keep the carrier, just replace the bolt.
Reply
#10
Brett A Wrote:I am going to keep the carrier, just replace the bolt.

Hold on to it. That bolt may be worth much more in the next 5-6 months.
Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack
Reply
#11
ricsmall Wrote:Hold on to it. That bolt may be worth much more in the next 5-6 months.

You may be right. I hope not, but you very well may be right.
Reply
#12
Brett A Wrote:I have never shot at a target farther than 300 yards. I would like to try it some time, but that is not why I built this rifle.

What's your price range?
Reply
#13
Vasux86 Wrote:What's your price range?

I'd like to keep it under $500. Closer to $300 if I could. I like the Vortex Viper 3.5-10x44. Found it for under $300. Just seeing what glass folks are using on the 6.5 Grendel.
Reply
#14
Brett A Wrote:I'd like to keep it under $500. Closer to $300 if I could. I like the Vortex Viper 3.5-10x44. Found it for under $300. Just seeing what glass folks are using on the 6.5 Grendel.

The 4-12x Viper with BDC reticle that I have was under $400 at a local gun store.
[SIZE="3"]If it ain't fun, why bother doin' it?[/SIZE]
Reply
#15
I would recommend a Vortex scope. You get a great product backed by an unbeatable warranty. Keep in mind that if you get a used Vortex scope online and something is off on it, you can send it in and have it fixed or replaced.

Cameralandny usually has some good deals on glass, especially after SHOT show.
Reply
#16
I have a vortex diamondback 4-12x40 never mounted i can let go of if your intrested.
Reply
#17
Just ordered this....

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 PA Riflescope
Couldn't pass up the deal.
Reply
#18
Another vote for Vortex. Can't beat the price for the quality and the warranty is top notch.
Reply
#19
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7880[/ATTACH]

Wish it would stop raining... I finally got the scope mounted and magazines. It's ready to rock!Big Grin
Reply
#20
+1 for Vortex. I admit that I've drank the Vortex kool aid but for the money their products are hard to beat.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)