Posts: 121
Threads: 10
Joined: Aug 2013
I finally recieved my Mega billet ambi lower so I decided to do some color fill. The logo is actually silver which barely shows up in the pictures. Still kicking around the idea of filling the other engraving. I also put in a jp silent captured spring.
quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!
Posts: 3,214
Threads: 215
Joined: Jun 2011
Nice looking rifle, it came out sweet. Mega makes some nice looking receivers.
Posts: 1,040
Threads: 60
Joined: Jul 2014
That is nice, is the upper AAs?
Posts: 121
Threads: 10
Joined: Aug 2013
am4966 Wrote:That is nice, is the upper AAs?
Yes it is. I put a Lilja 740 on it.
quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!
Posts: 121
Threads: 10
Joined: Aug 2013
montana Wrote:Nice looking rifle, it came out sweet. Mega makes some nice looking receivers.
Thanks and yes they do. I haven't put my hands on any better. The machining is perfect and so is the anodizing.
quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
Sweet set-up. I really enjoy the JP SCS.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
Posts: 311
Threads: 19
Joined: Sep 2014
Nice build! What do you think of the SCS? I'm thinking that and the JP bolt carrier will be my next upgrade.
Posts: 121
Threads: 10
Joined: Aug 2013
Fredman Wrote:Nice build! What do you think of the SCS? I'm thinking that and the JP bolt carrier will be my next upgrade.
I like it a lot. I have the rifle shooting better than I thought it could so I wanted to concentrate on making it operate as smooth as possible. Just for giggles. It helps. If I still had other things to do I would put it off until I was done with the rifle. But it is a good investment.
quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!
Posts: 154
Threads: 35
Joined: Jul 2013
Nice stick, but good luck. I have done upgrades and constantly tell myself that my Grendel is done after each.... Well, another upgrade/add-on/extra will come about and it is still "not" finished. I keep kidding myself now and saying when I finally buy the front BUIS, that will be it and I will be on to the next build. Ya, right. My Grendel is my favorite rifle/round. I really do have to start another project though. another Grendel of course.
I really like the Mega upper and lower. That is what I was planning on next as all my carbines used Mega. The fit and finish are superb. My current is all Seekins. While some don't like the lower, it has really grown on me. The fit and finish from Seekins is on par with Mega.
Posts: 5
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2016
Nice looking setup. How do you like the side charging upper? I'm starting my first build in a couple of weeks and I like the looks and function. I've got a side charger on my SCAR 17s and these pics I'm seeing in the gallery section look great. Any regrets ?