08-28-2015, 03:58 AM
I don't know if I made this clear, but the picture shows the new Yankee Hill bolt after firing the first round. It did not work out for me at all. Epic failure.
|
New bolt mfg
|
|
08-28-2015, 03:58 AM
I don't know if I made this clear, but the picture shows the new Yankee Hill bolt after firing the first round. It did not work out for me at all. Epic failure.
rwh Wrote:I don't know if I made this clear, but the picture shows the new Yankee Hill bolt after firing the first round. It did not work out for me at all. Epic failure. Ouch, one round life for the Yankee Hill bolt. I guess that is an epic failure. All I can say is "my money back please"! What bolt do you have in it now?
08-28-2015, 04:26 PM
rwh Wrote:I don't know if I made this clear, but the picture shows the new Yankee Hill bolt after firing the first round. It did not work out for me at all. Epic failure. That's the new Chrome Yankee Hill Machining bolt?
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here: www.AR15buildbox.com
08-28-2015, 04:53 PM
My new chrome Yankee Hill grendel bolt failed on the first shot. Probably should have led with that.
09-04-2015, 06:11 PM
I would really like to see that PF Bolt that broke. I do have to say 28.7 grains of 8208 is too much. 8208 has a nasty pressure spike when compressed.
Mark Hostetter Precision Firearms
"Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."
09-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Mark, I just put the bolt in the mail to you. The load was 27.8 gr of 8208 XBR, not 28.7, but either way I have to agree that the load was too much for my rifle. I just worked up a load of 26.9 gr of N133 under a 108 scenar that is showing zero pressure signs and excellent accuracy. I really liked 8208XBR right up to the point where it tried to kill me.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|