Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Grendel
#1
The Grendel bug got to me and I ordered a rifle from Underground Tactical (UT) on May 5th. Jason and Seth were extremely helpful and patient answering my questions. They were pretty good salesmen too since I went in to purchase a barrel and ordered a rifle instead Smile.

UT said they would have the rifle ready in a week but I needed a 15' hand guard that had to be ordered. Nevertheless, the rifle was ready for pickup May 15. 10 days for pick up is simply amazing!

Specs:

18" low contour ultra light SS Black Hole Weaponry barrel with black cerakote, nitrate BCG and phosphate coated bolt.

UT flat style single stage trigger adjustable from 2.5 - 4.5 lbs. Adjusted to 3.5lbs.

Seekins MCSR 15" hand guard and adjustable gas block

UT charging handle with tactical latch

5/8 - 24 threads with thread protector (no flash hider)

Magpul CTR and Hogue grip with finger grooves

Lower, upper, and hand guard in burnt bronze cerakote

10 and 25 round magazine, and soft case

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6521[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6520[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6522[/ATTACH]

Still researching a QD sling and waiting on my Omega.

I'm planning to sight in later this week, work/time permitting.
Reply
#2
Oh man that's a nice looking rifle... Do you mind sharing the price tag???
Reply
#3
http://www.undergroundtactical.com/produ...light.html
Reply
#4
DrifterAT Wrote:http://www.undergroundtactical.com/produ...light.html

That's not too bad at all Smile
Reply
#5
Very nice looking rifle. If it shoots as good as it looks you have a winner.
Reply
#6
"Bacon Maker"... nice touch!
Reply
#7
That's a sweet rig!
Reply
#8
Lookin great.
Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF
Reply
#9
Thanks folks! Hopping to get to the range Friday or Saturday.
Reply
#10
I didn't see the weight on the UT page. What does it weigh?
Reply
#11
Jason at UT told me 6lbs 2 ounces.
Reply
#12
I added an ATN NV 3x-12X to my Grendel and finally made it to the range. I was very pleased with the results but believe they could be better if I wasn't using a Night Vision scope in the day time. The ATN works in the daytime but most cheap scopes are better. I didn't have much time and wanted to limit shooting my hunting ammo so I use 3 shot groups after I sighted in at 100 yards.

AA A-MAX 123g 3-shot group - 3/8" (pic shows PF but it's AA loads)

PF Nosler 120g 3-shot group - 5/8"

PF SST 123G 3-shot group - 1.25" (flyer with 2 shots almost touching, no pic)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6566[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6567[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6568[/ATTACH]

I have no flash hider or brake on it but the recoil seemed very close to the 556 recoil. The rifle was truly a pleasure to shoot.

I was at a box stand Saturday evening where the cam was showing hogs every day for the last 10 days right at dusk. The Grendel was ready for its first kill. Well my daughter hears pigs in the creek bed about 50 yards away about 30 minutes before dusk and went after them. She shot two with one shot so I had to go pull them from the creek bed and take the back straps and hams. No Grendel love this time but my daughter sure was proud of her 270.
Reply
#13
QD sling option, there are others not sure if you want single or dual. Plus cheaper

1. Magpul MS4 dual QD
12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
Surge - Rugged Suppressor
Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
Reply
#14
I use padded Vickers 221 slings made by Blue Force Gear. They can go 2 point to 1 point very quickly. (They run sales fairly often so if you are patient you can get them at a good price.)
Reply
#15
I bought an 18" barrel/bolt combo from UT and my rifle is easy .5 MOA. UT guarantees 1 MOA or they will replace it free....
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)