08-24-2011, 03:19 PM
My experience has been that you can run 5 rounds in unmodified PMAG 30's with no problems. 10 rounds bulges a bit, but also worked fine in my rifle, just was snug seating the mag.
Beyond that the lips can't handle the extra pressure.
I'm not a huge fan of poly mags anyway. The PMAGS seem to work OK for 5.56, but they flex in a way that no aluminum or steel mag ever will.
my CP mags have consistently worked without issue in multiple rifles, so while I'd like to see more mag alternatives, I have no problem using them.
Beyond that the lips can't handle the extra pressure.
I'm not a huge fan of poly mags anyway. The PMAGS seem to work OK for 5.56, but they flex in a way that no aluminum or steel mag ever will.
my CP mags have consistently worked without issue in multiple rifles, so while I'd like to see more mag alternatives, I have no problem using them.

